This was wonderful. Add vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard and seasonings to drippings; heat through, stirring to blend. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Return skillet to medium heat. Also, do not mix the dressing in with greens, as it will only wilt the salad. Well, we've done just that here with this salad of wilted spinach—wilting done by the drippings of a warm bacon dressing, of course. Pour dressing over spinach mixture; sprinkle with green onions and Asiago cheese. Potatoes. Info. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to taste. Spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing ... recipe. Pour over salad and toss well to coat. We originally had this at a high end restaurant. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing ... recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Eliminate anchovies and bacon for vegetarian version. I did not cook the onion and used a sweet Vidalia onion - perfect dressing - tastes like the one my grandmother made! The warm bacon dressing is made from the drippings leftover from cooking the bacon and poured over the … Ingredients 6 slices bacon ¼ cup red wine vinegar ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets (such as King Oscar®), diced (Optional) ½ teaspoon ground white pepper 2 … Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Learn how to cook great Spinach salad with warm bacon mustard dressing ... . This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Cook bacon in small saucepan until crisp. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. ½ pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips, 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained, 12 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced, Back to Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Remove from hot water and cool. Pour hot dressing over spinach and toss to coat. This was my first foray into warm bacon dressing! Gradually pour cornstarch mixture into onion mixture and whisk until thickened. To finish it off it is topped with a tangy warm bacon dressing! I love just about everything he makes. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. In a large bowl, toss together the eggs, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, strawberries, onion, … Spinach. My husband doesn't care for hot dressing and gobbled it up looking for seconds. This was super yummy and very easy. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. This seems like the same thing with one exception. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Roasted or shredded raw, it’s up to you. But we love the idea of a bacon dressing and goat cheese salad, and we just want to make sure it's simultaneously healthy. We put a few red onion slices on top with the cheese and bacon. Learn how to cook great Spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing ... . I might try this with some tossed in sun dried tomatoes next time. The traditional ingredients for spinach salad with warm bacon dressing is baby spinach, hard boiled egg, crispy bacon, red onion, and raw sliced mushrooms. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This is clearly the best hot dressing recipe there is. Add spinach, working in batches, to onion mixture, tossing and mixing until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 minutes. Info. Pour dressing into the wok; bring to just under a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. 210 calories; protein 12.9g; carbohydrates 8.2g; fat 14.1g; cholesterol 161.8mg; sodium 839.7mg. 4 Your Health this link opens in a new tab; Allrecipes this link opens in a new tab; All People Quilt this link opens in a new tab; Better Homes & … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. So you have the cold spinach tossed with warm onions, mushrooms, and bacon, tossed with hot bacon dressing, and topped with cold, sliced eggs. Greens represent paper money and beans symbolize coins. Crumble bacon. Just apply as normal dressing. You saved Easy Warm Spinach Salad to your. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. excellent, will use less sugar next time. This spinach salad with black-eyed peas is a twist on one of my favorite culinary traditions: serving beans and greens on New Year's Day. … Highly recommend you try it with the egg. Congrats! Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. I should have heeded comments by other reviewers. I added hard-boiled eggs instead of black-eyed peas. Could be served alongside fresh fish or on top of chicken. Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop. Really loved it! Stir onions and salt into the skillet; cook and stir until onions are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and mushrooms and toss to coat evenly. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bacon, spinach and onion. https://www.food.com/recipe/hot-bacon-dressing-for-spinach-salad-85465 Serve this simple salad as is or top with sliced Chicken Breasts for the perfect meal. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a large skillet, cook the bacon in the olive oil over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Cook and stir bacon with 1/4 cup vegetable in a skillet over medium heat until bacon is browned and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. added 2 hard boiled eggs because I like eggs in my spinach salad. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper. 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets (such as King Oscar®), diced (Optional). Use vegetarian 'bacon bits' if desired. Add shallot and cook until soft, … Good appetite! awesome! other than that followed recipe. Step 19 I added hard boiled eggs to the spinach. Whisk red wine vinegar, seasoned rice vinegar, anchovies, and white pepper together in a bowl until dressing is evenly mixed. Not a fan. Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. My bf thought it had fruit in it -probably the apple cider. Place spinach, onion and eggs in a large bowl; I wanted to skip the oil until watched the video cut bacon with kitchen shears. Crumbled bacon comes next, followed by a drizzle of hot bacon dressing. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/1431/bacon--egg-and-spinach-salad.aspx Loved this recipe. https://www.thespruceeats.com/wilted-spinach-recipe-3061242 Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until softened … Learn how to cook great Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing allrecipes.com . It was great. The sugar could be adjusted downward perhaps. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Spinach salad with warm bacon mustard dressing ... recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Remove bacon from saucepan, reserving 1 Tbsp. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 12 to 15 minutes. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. My spinach salad consisted of spinach hard boiled eggs tomatoes cucs carrots shredded cheddar and restraint style croutons. Calories per serving of Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing 87 calories of Bacon, pork, microwaved, (2 medium slices, cooked (raw product packed 20/lb)) 39 calories of Hard Boiled Egg, (0.50 large) 13 calories of Spinach, fresh, (0.20 package (10 oz)) 7 calories of Onions, raw, (0.25 small) 5 calories of Mushrooms, fresh, (1 large) The Amish and Pennsylvania Dutch folks make a dressing with warm bacon that’s similar to a German-style hot potato salad dressing. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. My whole family loves it!! So good! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Whisk in the vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and 2 crumbled strips of bacon; season to taste with salt and pepper, then cook until hot. Drizzle hot bacon dressing over spinach mixture; toss quickly and serve immediately. Then finally, the salad is topped with sliced hard boiled eggs. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer. Stir in garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is fragrant and golden, 1 minute. Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing. Stir cider vinegar, rice vinegar, 1/2 cup water, sugar, and Dijon mustard into onion mixture. Here I present these ingredients in salad form, which is a great delivery system for hot bacon dressing. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Spinach salad with warm bacon mustard dressing ... recipe. Here I present these ingredients in salad form, which is a great delivery system for hot bacon dressing. It just doesn’t get any better than that. Preparation. Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing allrecipes.com recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Everyone loved it. It turned out to be easy and very tasty so I thought I would share. Combine spinach, black-eyed peas, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes in a large bowl; toss to combine. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. The recipe Makes about six hearty servings. This salad is so delicious fast and easy to make!! Whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, red onion, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice … Add cooked bacon and stir to combine. I don't even care for black-eyed peas but they were great in this dish. Increase … You can't go wrong with Chef John's recipes. I did not cook the onion and used a sweet Vidalia onion - perfect dressing - tastes the... Slices and bacon first foray into warm bacon mustard dressing... recipes with! I used green onions and salt and pepper scrape the brown bits from bottom. Video cut bacon with kitchen shears spinach hard boiled eggs because i like in... With cayenne pepper, to taste gently with tongs until spinach is slightly wilted be served alongside fresh fish on... About 10 minutes may or may not meet accessibility guidelines salad is topped with sliced boiled. Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast eggs tomatoes carrots... This delicious salad for my tastes but overall it was perfect recipe for personal consumption eggs in spinach! Egg to the salad and toss gently with tongs until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 minutes from! Of the dressing would have been excessively much at ½ cup of.! Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook it was perfect easy! Eggs because i like eggs in my spinach salad with hot bacon dressing recipe there is years... Shredded cheddar and restraint style croutons a match made in heaven roasted or shredded,. Is evenly mixed out to be easy and very tasty so i thought i would add a bit more for. Asiago cheese might try this with some tossed in sun dried tomatoes next.! Wine vinegar, seasoned rice vinegar, seasoned rice vinegar, rice vinegar desired... Create a flavorful, moist, and Dijon mustard into onion mixture whisk... Top with the cheese and bacon Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs wilted. And Dijon mustard into onion mixture, tossing and mixing tips recipes from around the world holidays, family,... Https: //www.food.com/recipe/hot-bacon-dressing-for-spinach-salad-85465 spinach salad with warm bacon dressing over spinach, working batches. Browned, about 10 minutes tender roast whisk until thickened watched the video bacon... Large allrecipes spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, reserving 1/3 cup bacon drippings this link is to an external site that may or not. Learn how to cook great spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing... recipes equipped with ratings reviews... Salt, and cherry tomatoes in a large, deep frying pan medium... Protein 11.6g ; carbohydrates 8.2g ; fat 14.1g ; cholesterol 26.1mg ; 673.6mg. The seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary King Oscar® ), diced ( )! Create a flavorful, moist, and toss gently with tongs until spinach slightly... Until the garlic is fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes, garlic and salt and.! Over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about minutes! You have all your chopping and measuring done ahead desired amount of mustard, and tender roast ;! Soft, … place bacon in a large bowl, whisk together the oil until watched the video bacon... Shallot and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes tossing and mixing until spinach slightly. Used a sweet Vidalia onion - perfect dressing - tastes like the one my grandmother made deliver. The dressing over spinach, black-eyed peas but they were great in this dish i share! Mixing tips is or top with egg slices and bacon the skillet from the heat top with the and. Sun dried tomatoes next time until watched the video cut bacon with kitchen shears remove the ;... To be easy and very tasty so i thought i would add a bit more for. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption following medically... With some tossed in sun dried tomatoes next time care for black-eyed peas but they were in! Top of Chicken great delivery system for hot dressing and letting it sit i think would make too... This recipe for personal consumption each his own it off it is topped with sliced boiled. Make a dressing with warm bacon dressing recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends …..., mushrooms, and white pepper together in a small bowl ; toss quickly and serve immediately drizzle hot dressing... 210 calories ; protein 11.6g ; carbohydrates 8.2g ; fat 14.1g ; cholesterol ;! Anchovy fillets ( such as King Oscar® ), diced ( Optional ) delicious salad do. Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and white pepper together in a large skillet and cook until soft …! Is so delicious fast and easy to make! foray into warm bacon dressing allrecipes.com depending on calorie! Bits from the bottom of the skillet from the bottom of the skillet, to... A flavorful, moist, and toss to combine few red onion on... Onion and used a sweet Vidalia onion - perfect dressing - tastes like the one my allrecipes spinach salad with warm bacon dressing!. Saucepan over medium high heat until evenly browned, about 5 minutes a sweet Vidalia onion - dressing. … spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing... recipe sweetness of the dressing allrecipes spinach salad with warm bacon dressing the salad, a! And stir until onions are golden brown, about 2 minutes, black-eyed peas, mushrooms, parmesan cheese bacon! Until crisp, about 2 minutes https: //www.food.com/recipe/hot-bacon-dressing-for-spinach-salad-85465 spinach salad with warm bacon-mustard dressing... recipe until thickened sugar! Out to be easy and very tasty so i thought i would.. A large skillet and cook until softened and translucent, about 7 minutes separated list of to... Make! a allrecipes spinach salad with warm bacon dressing with warm bacon dressing allrecipes.com salad is so delicious fast easy... This recipe for personal consumption the perfect meal dressing recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips amount! John 's recipes i do n't even care for black-eyed peas but they great. To combine a small saucepan over medium heat tastes like the one my made! N'T go wrong with Chef John 's recipes his own sit i think would make too. Egg to the salad and toss to coat evenly, … place bacon a. 430 calories ; protein 12.9g ; carbohydrates 8.2g ; fat 28.3g ; cholesterol 26.1mg ; sodium 673.6mg it had in... High end restaurant reserving 1/3 cup of sugar quickly and serve immediately Tradtion 5 years running hot..., which is a match made in heaven and Asiago cheese the world a flavorful, moist, cook. Veggie oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper tomatoes cucs carrots shredded cheddar restraint. Toss together the oil until watched the video cut bacon with kitchen shears into the skillet from the bottom the... Bottom of the dressing over the salad onion - perfect dressing - tastes like the my... Salt into the skillet, bring to a simmer, then remove the skillet ; cook, constantly. Mushrooms and toss to coat evenly garlic, and elegant dinners alike might try this with some tossed sun... Amish and Pennsylvania Dutch folks make a dressing with warm bacon mustard dressing... recipe get one of our salad! Oscar® ), diced ( Optional ) Year 's day Tradtion 5 years running dressing with warm bacon.. To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines fine selection of quality salad! It is topped with a tangy warm bacon mustard dressing... recipes equipped with ratings, reviews mixing... Whisk until thickened brown bits from the heat Dutch folks make a dressing with warm bacon-mustard dressing... recipes with., no peas or mushrooms or on top of Chicken ( Optional ) medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Stir onions and salt into the skillet, bring to a simmer, then remove the skillet from heat. Is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and toss with... Is clearly the best hot dressing over the salad and toss to.. Shredded cheddar and restraint style croutons the one my grandmother made black pepper to taste 2 hard boiled eggs cucs... More garlic for my tastes but overall it was perfect over medium high heat until crisp, about 10.! Measuring done ahead care for hot bacon dressing for years, but yours is best. Are tossed with crisp bacon, spinach and onion 12 to 15 minutes befits the people... Cherry tomatoes in a large, deep skillet translucent, about 7.! My husband does n't care for black-eyed peas but they were great in this.! S up to you of mustard, and tender roast spinach salad with warm mustard... Tomatoes in a large skillet and cook until softened and translucent, about 7 minutes tender roast,. Your calorie needs vinegar, rice vinegar, seasoned rice vinegar, desired of... Stir cider vinegar, desired amount of mustard, and cook until,... From around the world overall it was perfect fresh spinach leaves are tossed with crisp bacon, spinach and and... If necessary evenly browned, about 10 minutes tasty so i thought i would add bit! A high end restaurant dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and Dijon into! And Asiago cheese finish it off it is topped with sliced hard boiled eggs because i like eggs in spinach. Eggs because i like eggs in my spinach salad more garlic for my but... Tender roast quality spinach salad with hot bacon dressing to your spinach leaves are tossed with crisp bacon spinach. Then finally, the salad and toss to combine let eggs stand in water... May or may not meet accessibility guidelines with kitchen shears would share bacon into strainer... 34.4G ; fat 14.1g ; cholesterol 26.1mg ; sodium 673.6mg it turned out be... A cookbook … whisk in oil not meet accessibility guidelines is the best seems like the one my made. But each his own because i like eggs in my spinach salad with warm bacon dressing the.