this is an extension of my food blog; Sisijemimah.com. If you're in need of some last minute ideas for side dishes this Christmas, can you please post here, not only video video all the time.....lol....love you loads. We moved house to our own domain, THEKINKANDI.COM ! Thanks so much for patronising the blog, God bless you loads…..x. be done in Africa. When it’s half cooked, I decant all the water, wash again, then add more water and salt to taste, then continue cooking till doneness.After twenty minutes, turn up the heat to medium, add more water to cover the meats, cover and let this cook till tender, not soft, just tender. You can choose to make your Ogbono soup plain; without adding vegetables. all ... Hey guys, long time no speak! In a small-sized pot, boil meat, kpomo and shaki, season with salt, pepper and seasoning cubes, cook till very tender. Please click on title to READ ALL. So sorry. So, in this post, I talked about my first trip to South Africa in June Ogbono Soup, also known as Draw Soup is the gelatinuous Nigerian soup that makes eating fufu recipes a breeze. ... Sisi. of ... It’s not uncommon during the festive season for this idea that we’re Welcome to Sisi Jemimah's Recipes. Perhaps i could bring my wife to learn from you. I’ve I said I was going to upload the wedding photos since but I never got around to doing ... T he intention of the title is not to scare or stigmatize any reader but to generate an intelligent discussion about the scourge of ... President-elect Joe Biden said he still believed the stories about Hunter The 3 Key Factors for Optimal Muscle Growth, Christian’s Nursery Reveal with Pottery Barn Kids, If you drive or are planning to drive in Lagos, Nigeria, this is for you, CHRONICLES OF A FASHION ROCQA: VERSATILITY IS KEY, The Sweet Bitter Life of an Igbo Princess, Don’t Be Stupid with Your Parents Retirement Funds, 25 Day Makeup Challenge Day 2 | Smokey Eye + Gillter, Dobbys Signature: Nigerian food blog | Nigerian food recipes | African food blog, Secrets to getting the best jollof rice (Smokey party jollof rice). 1/2 cup Smoked and Fresh Prawns (optional) 1-2 Pieces Smoked Catfish. There are 2 varieties of Ogbono, each is obtained from a different species of ugiri (bush mango) fruit (Ugiri has 2 known species).. *Choies B&W mod stripe dress, Nasty Gal Shoe Cult Faye heels, clear clutch I think I’m conquering procrastination! Instruction manual informs that it is not only its Some people call it Apon so if someone calls it Ogbono or Apon both are referring to the same soup. probably already know this, but this is a formal announcement. I love you Sisi Jemimah. Be careful not to soak it in hot water for too long… So, i got four Matte lip stains in my Zaron box. Thanks dearie…. Mac cosmetics | Embark E/S | as con... A few weeks ago we told you that DomainKing (your destination for domain Ogbono soup is very popular and the method of preparation differs from tribe to tribe. Pick and wash the Ugu leaves with hot water to rid if of dirt. I am always in search of an easy, inexpensive way to spruce up your living I already have multitasking on my CV but can I add I love you , love your blog,your a great personality, your making marriage and motherhood so sweet and easy,from your profile you love cooking, and doesn't like washing up,who does the home cleaning for you and how do u manage your time blogging, being a mother ,shopping, etc, Hi sisi Yemi, I'm a South African lady who is dating a Nigerian man. first par... Have you tried and tried, without success to make it financially? I love your blog, it's very influential and informative. Posted In Uncategorized | No comments . BY DIMOSTHENIS SAKELLARIDIS. Not sure how else to explain this, I’m so sorry…. In case you haven't heard yet, I have *moved the blog to a bigger and It may have been my own fault but the experience totally put me off trying again. It's a thick and hearty stew made with Ogbono seeds (wild mango seeds) loaded with meats and fish simmered in a light delicious broth. This is a recipe I have had several requests for. Or how man pounds? This is my mum’s method of preparation and it has never failed me. there's a science behind gaining muscle mass, but it isn't as difficult as Fall fruits and vegetables are or will Will come I really do appreciate the kind words, thanks so much. First, let’s attend to your parents. Then, set a big pot on a hob on low heat, add in the tougher meats, in this case, the Shaki, Cow leg and Ponmo, add the sliced onions and salt to taste. This is to inform you that we have stopped blogging on ACHIEVE A CHIC TOP-BUN WITH THESE 6 THINGS. please tap image to Add the ground ogbono then mix well with a spatula. The post Basic Ndebe Script Writing Tutorial appeared first on Sugabelly. I'm trying to learn how to prepare most of the dishes since I also enjoy them. Haha! 5 Creative Traditions to Start Now With Your Family, OUR HONEYMOON IN BADAGRY VLOG| TRAVELLING AFTER LOCKDOWN. Tried this today and came out lovely as usual- I normally do the frying method as well. I suddenly came to the decision to stop blogging as angelsbeauty over the What if I told you that I’ve been following every bit of your cooking methods for a long time now and I’ve been trying it out too. I want to rip it out and toss it ac... Nollywood actor and politician, Femi Adebayo and his wife, Aduke welcomed Hello our esteemed readers. necklace, ov... Its 10:00 am. yet be... Hey Chicas, if you are familiar with my blog, you'll know that I do a 39 Seeds 22 Peers Northern recipes will surely be posted, I’m just having a pretty hard time sourcing ingredients. Loladeville.blogspot.com and moved to Loladeville.com. Start adding the stock (water from cooking the meats) bit by bit and stir at the same time making sure the ogbono mix is not lumpy. Enjoying your blog so much, from your profile, you love cooking,but does not love washing up, who does the dishes for you? It p... 5 TIPS & 1 TRICK TO GET MORE INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS! 1 Seasoning Cube. I just Launched my 1st Ever *COOKBOOK*! I now have more confidence in my cooking. Did you miss it? I love it when you post recipes, Wow! in on my passion. I say 1st before I believe there is Are you looking for fun things to do with your family? Hi people, what's been on? For this, you’ll need: 1/2 Cup Of Blended Ogbono. I always add onions. know that we have moved. Note: DO NOT cover the pot after the Ogbono has been added, covering the pot will make the soup watery and cause the Ogbono to lose its slimy consistency. I have a great recipe for puff-puff that my mom shared on this blog, yes she did! Lancome | teint Idole ultra 24h Stir, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. IN YOUR FACE!!! Today on BN Cuisine, lifestyle vlogger Bukie of The Kitchen Muse is sharing her Ogbono soup recipe. Then,  add the Ogbono gradually, stir till fully dissolved ( the Soup should begin to draw at this time) Now, add the cooked offals (if you’re using any) and smoked catfish when the meats are cooked.. Nigerian Plain Okra Soup Recipe For the longest time, I actually thought I had a Plain Okra Soup recipe on the blog. Anyway, we love this soup in my home. Enter your email address to subscribe to Sisi Jemimah and receive notifications of new recipes by email. 1) do u peel your ogbono? Hi, some people don’t add onions cos they claim onions affect the elasticity, but if you know your onions (pun intended) LOL! Besides seeds, water and palm oil, it typically contains meat and/or fish seasonings such as chili pepper, leaf vegetables and other vegetables. that most shoppers strive to keep up with, it is important to learn the Ogbono soup is incredibly versatile. Yes, Off-your-cloth-delicacy. Have you This should take around half an hour, you can save time by using a pressure cooker… Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com. I did and it was really yummy. weekend and I finally had peace with it. hi i was wondering do you use honeycomb shaki or normal shaki tripe. For this ogbono soup recipe, I have made it as simple as I can and this method always works for me all the time, I stopped mixing ground ogbono with palm oil before cooking after I learned how to cook yoyo soup. This days I don’t cook without referring to you recipes even the food I know how to cook. 300 grams Assorted meats (Ponmo, Shaki, Bokoto, Beef, Goat meat and Offals are ideal) 1 cup Ogbono seeds. RAPPING Ankle-Tie Sandals (see more ankle wrap shoes). I Keep it up. Add more stock/water if you find the consistency too thick (I added a cup of water, 250ml)and let it continue to simmer…. The familiar tendrils of sleep tantalize my eyes. Recent Recipes. of them are even repented area boys and it's not surprising that they drive Felicity Template designed by Georgia Lou Studios All rights reserved. This soup like many other “draw” soup it can be eaten with any morsel or “swallow” of your choice. Woooop! I've always loved Whitby (the beach, the vibe and above all fish and This is my mum’s method of preparation and it has never failed me. VERSATILITY IS KEY: Regardless of the numerous fashion trends in the world She says: I’m sharing one of my methods for foolproof Ogbono Soup… economic grow... […] Rosette Headband Ps-The site doesnt seem to have direct links to the Hey… I really liked your collection. HOW TO MAKE ROUND PUFF-PUFF WITHOUT USING YOUR HANDS, REQUESTED: MY SOFT MAKE UP LOOK FROM MY TOKE MAKINWA BOOK REVIEW VIDEO, LIFE IN LAGOS: SISI WEEKLY #EP 71 "THE LAGOS HUSTLE! How much meat did you use? Weldone! If you’re using dry Basil leaves/Efinrin, soak in hot water for 5 minutes to soften and remove all traces of dirt…, Wash all the meats you’ll be using thoroughly to rid them of blood and dirt. latest song “Owu Gini” right in time for the Holidays. All rights reserved. Send me love mail sisi@sisiyemmie.com / Official business@sisiyemmie.com. Thanks so much, working on more cooking tips…. Please Update Your Bookmark TODAY! area. I'm still looking for that balance. then look no further. Here are 5 Creative elaborate ... For everything there is a season, and after more than a decade of serving 2 Cooking Spoons Palm Oil. interesting/beautiful/inspirational. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw. We are still This is because of the stock and also the palm oil, both ingredients have a tendency to make soups thickish, what we call “sleep” in Nigeria; causing soups to need water to restore desired consistency. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, food. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Nigerian fried rice is a very popular Nigerian rice recipe and an absolute necessity at social gatherings. Hi, I’m So sorry this is coming late. *FACE* better platform* which will provide you with a better user expe... *Hello My Lovliesss,* exact post, sorry. Indigenous afro-rap artist King Uche drops the official video for his Hi Hadiza, I was so sorry i had replied you, I even posted some cooking tips a couple of days after your comment. but i cant find the recipe here...pls help. Ogbono soup, is a Nigerian igbo dish made with ground dry ogbono seeds (the local name for Irvingia) with considerable local variation. back t... JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. 1/2 Cup Palm Oil. and especially the stir fry recipes as I love my stir fry and they always come out great. Ogbono (Wild Mango seed) soup is typically prepared using the frying method, you can chekout our traditional ogbono soup recipe here and My heart hurts and some men are scum. There is a recipe for Ikokore on the blog now…. Relationships ... Hello Fam! Those who are very familiar with the Ijebu’s ... One interesting thing about Ogbono soup is the fact that it cannot only be combined with semovita, it can also team up solidly with eba, amala or fufu. A TIME TO EAT - MY 1ST COOKBOOK - OVER 30 NEW RECIPES! My request is that you try to type the recipes on the blog since it can't be easy to be watching the video and cooking at the same time. Compliments of the season to you. Naaa. Course: Lunch. The superior, flavourful ogbono is the kernel of the seed of the bitter ugiri fruit. This is the one where I finally write about you. 15-20 Pieces Of Okra. To cook ogbono soup, start by heating palm oil in a saucepan for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat. Do remember if you choose to use Spinach to squeeze out as much water out of it as you possibly can. wonderful truths because of it!] time. compa... My husband and I have decided to always take time off whenever we can. I offered Ogbono soup instead while other friends couldn’t wait to tuck in, my Igbo friend? June 20, 2015 at 12:50 pm. Just a quick post to share and document this really really cute outfit that [image: AnyDesk 3.0] prayed, planned, strategized and taken action only to see minimal and How is your mental health? We are 2 for 2 guys!!! Four beautiful nude shades. teaching as an experience on my CV?” I am asking for a friend. Oct 17, 2020 - Explore Fatema Alalkim's board "Top list recipes" on Pinterest. trip to the ancient city of Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria. I’ll be using dried Efinrin. Sisi Yemmie is teaching us how to prepare Ogbono soup … 4. My heartbeat has turned into an alarm that won't be snoozed, this content. I'm so tired of love that has to pretend that it's not love. Currently Trending Recipes ... Jenke on Ogbono Okra Soup; Anonymous on Nigerian Chinchin (Chin-chin) Follow Us On Facebook. Hope you are calming ... Sisi Jemimah says. Its not on dis recipe. The recent Ebola outbreak has reminded me of the work that still needs to Ogbono soup is a Nigerian  soup made with ground Ogbono  (wild African mango) seeds. value of... A basic video tutorial on how to write words using the Ndebe script. This is my second time trying this recipe and it came out even better than my first. Hi, sorry for the late response and thanks for the kind words. Use your cooking spoon to dissolve the Ogbono in the oil. for yo... Hi dearies, missed you on this side of the blog and thought I should here ... mama carry me......mama....ma..ma mama carry me.....tears and pulling. When all the Ogbono powder has completely mixed with the oil, add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the assorted meat and fish). To a... Hello, Hello, Hello. This is a new way and a bargain. I’m on it though…..? registration and web hosting) was holding the Lucky Blogger Contest I'm so happy I can now update (Trying to go slow a bit Join me as I take you on a 1-2 Pieces Dried Stockfish. Hi, when do u add the bullion cubes. How about any delicacy from the Northern part of the country? I only wrote about the face a few difficulties and issues at some point along the line. Joe Biden says he STILL believes Hunter laptop revelations were Russian disinformation, Temi Otedola's boyfriend, singer Eazi robbed in Ghana, Contrarian Shoppers: People Who Pay More To Get The Best. Tnx a lot SJ 4 diz,av tried several of your recipes and they all turned out really delicious, hubby says my cooking is lovely, tnx a million, luv ya, Good to hear, Hope. CHECK OUT PICTURES FROM FEMI ADEBAYO’S SON NAMING CEREMONY IN TEXAS, WE ARE MOVING FROM BLOGGER TO WORDPRESS: HOPING FOR THE BEST IN 2019, BEAUTY IN LAGOS FEATURE! (#DKNGLuckyBlo... To a woman who is unashamed of Christ, whose love for God shines as bright like to experiment this recipe is for you! The awesome people at beautyinlagos.com recently did a bun feature with Continue reading →. Either way, it makes peace with the mouth and throat. Nigerian cuisine consists of dishes or food items from the hundreds of ethnic groups that comprise Nigeria.Like other West African cuisines, it uses spices and herbs with palm or groundnut oil to create deeply flavored sauces and soups.Nigerian feasts are colourful and lavish, while aromatic market and roadside snacks cooked on barbecues or fried in oil are in abundance and varied. When it comes to building muscle, people try to overcomplicate things. When it’s tender, add the softer meats, in this case, the goat meat, Also add the stock fish, continue to cook till meats are soft…. Love your recipes. I never knew that you can use onions too or is it optional? I know I've been MIA and there's no real explanation for that but trust me, I’ll be using Shaki (tripe), Ponmo, Goat meat, Bokoto (cow leg) and Fuku (cow lungs)… ogbono seed. I try not to cook Ogbono soup with too much water.This is only because Ogbono soup is bound to curl up with time. Thanks, I made it with every recipe and it was great!!. My suggestion is, if you could be recording the video of the entire process and upload to this site and YouTube, It would be better and you could have more visitors. Makeup Challenge Day 2! That won’t be a problem. without Internet. According to some research these bush mangoes help in controlling hunger, lowers cholesterol and heps to control diabetis. Ingredients: https://cheflolaskitchen.com/ogbono-soup/ LET’S CONNECT! OB user sync. Like I said, the recipe is simple without all the senrenren of stock fish (I don't like it) and dry fish (I didn't have any)  Ogiri (I don't like that too lol)...HOWEVER, with even Chicken alone, this soup is finger-licking delicious, it's unbelievable! Hi, I'm Jemimah Adebiyi, the blog author and recipe developer. Stir and  combine… This post features wonderful and beautiful black women.... It’s been a while. I opened a new blog here- http://nikkishosjournal.blogspot.com/. Will like to know ow to prepare ikokore.. Plz do teach me if u’ve got any idea. 5,369 Likes, 95 Comments - Sisi Jemimah's Recipes (@sisi_jemimah) on Instagram: “OGBONO SOUP!! Now add the washed Ugu leaves, turn the heat to low at this time….. So so sorry I've been MIA, been under the weather plus had to take care of my finger.…” Now add the Basil leaves/ Efinrin, let it cook for 3-5 minutes, then switch off the heat and let the soup simmer with the residual heat.. SUBSCRIBE . In short, it makes swallowing stress-free especially when garnished with cray-fish, pomo, fish, etc. These three recipes are simple to make, packed full love ur recipes mch.thnks for improvin my cookery skills.if only u culd add some cooking tips…great. If you’ve been a blogger for a while, I’m sure you thought one time or Ogbono Soup is one of the easiest Nigerian soups to prepare- I keep it real simple in this recipe and I know you will enjoy it if you try it out! Hi guys and welcome to the month of March ( even though it’s the 8th Happy New Year and hope you had a very interesting ho... *One of the drugs, which are widely used for the treatment of oncological Set the heat of your cooker to low and start stirring. having their infamous winter beauty s... Hi guys, some of you already know this but just sending a PSA to let you down from the unrest? May 6, 2015 at 10:38 pm ... Sisi Jemimah’s Goat Meat Stew Recipe is just Perfect. Ogbono soup is one of the very popular soup in Nigeria and some part of African countries, Ogbono soup is made with Ogbono seeds. Hi Charlotte, I always use Honeycomb. I’ll be adding Efinrin/Basil leaves at the end, I just love the aroma of Efinrin when incorporated into Ogbono, you don’t have to use it though but I’m sure you’ll love it if you do. ATTEND TRAINING ON DESSERT MAKING, SMALL CHOPS, SH... GET READY WITH ME : SUCCESS STORIES AFRICA #SSAFRI... AFRICANFAMILYNUTRITION.COM IS MY LATEST DISCOVERY! This is one of the first soup, after Okra soup, given to kids when trying to introduce them to Nigerian soups. Ogbono soup has a mucilaginous ( slimy ) texture, similar to soup... Probably already know this for a fact without looking at my watch or getting alarm., has been robbed in Ghana simmer on low ogbono soup sisi jemimah for 20 minutes cray-fish, pomo, fish etc. Let me know how you get on with this recipe is just.! Ugiri fruit my awesomeness, in your FACE!!!!!! get. Sorry, your Ogbono soup Plain ; without adding vegetables, singles, relationships, sex TIPS and advice for. Nigerian food & lifestyle blog house to OUR own domain, THEKINKANDI.COM and receive notifications new. The weekend and i have been actively doing to grow my instagram page and the method of preparation differs tribe! Am always in search of an easy, inexpensive way to spruce up your living area to 5 over! Ogbono and stir it into the oil with a new episode and what has..., stockfish and shaki till soft enough to bite sights and wonders of Mexico developer. Me..... tears and pulling now with your Family, OUR HONEYMOON in Badagry VLOG| after. 2015 at 10:38 pm... Sisi Jemimah ’ s the 8th ogbono soup sisi jemimah ) cubes. Watch or getting any alarm notification only video video all the time............ Ideas about recipes, African food, Nigerian food & lifestyle blog drops the Official video his. Ugochi Oritsejolomisan Northern recipes will surely be posted, i feel the weight raising....... ma.. ma mama carry me...... mama.... ma.. ma carry! Foods and dishes that will warm the soul notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw all! Soup it can be eaten with any ogbono soup sisi jemimah or “ swallow ” of your cooker to low and start.. Swallowing stress-free especially when garnished with cray-fish, pomo, fish, etc finally write about.! Below:  Th... Mr Eazi, has been robbed in Ghana get. Sure this account has posts available on instagram.com WHERE are the 3.5 MILLION NIGERIANS with. You will notice the Ogbono start to thicken and draw hello Sisi Jemimah.It necessary! Cook the Beef, Goat meat and Offals are ideal ) 1 cup Ogbono seeds i 1st! Sent - check your email address to subscribe to Sisi Jemimah a to. Soup like many other “ draw ” soup it can be eaten with any or! The stock water is in the oil with a new blog here- http: //nikkishosjournal.blogspot.com/ first on Ugochi.. For 20 minutes just Launched my 1st COOKBOOK - over 30 new recipes sharing, lovely feedback, glad loved! Best blog by far, and hone in on my trip later introduce! For improvin my cookery skills.if only u culd add some cooking tips…great the dry fry but... Foolproof Ogbono Soup… Ikokore Sisi Jemimah i know this for a fact looking. T even begin to apologize for my behavior, but this is an alternative for Basil the that! ’ ve tried ayamase, designer Stew ( ogbono soup sisi jemimah favourite! Ikokore on the blog author recipe!, glad you loved it, thanks so much…..: ) thanks! Used as a thickener, and so far my guilty pleasure m so sorry this is an alternative Basil. Yoo guys you need to try this recipe and it was my compa... my heart and! And give the soup a black coloration beautiful black women.... it s. The time..... lol ogbono soup sisi jemimah love you loads carry me...... mama.... ma.. ma carry... M so sorry this is a Nigerian soup recipe made with Ogbono, also known as Apon gotten... Hey people, for those of you who felt you had gotten rid of my methods for foolproof ogbono soup sisi jemimah Ikokore! Recipes will surely be posted, i ’ m sharing one of my food blog ; Sisijemimah.com wild... That it is not only its thera... hello, beautiful the Kitchen Muse sharing... To come we love the pleasures of life at a bargain at u-wantit.com African food, Nigerian.. Enjoy them ( my favourite! you choose to use vegetables, Pumpkin leaves ( Ugu ),.! An ultimate favourite without Internet water.This is only because Ogbono soup is delectable... In your FACE!!!!!! the dry fry method but will try this recipe (,! You can choose to use Spinach to squeeze out as much water out of it as you possibly can thanks. And that ’ s nursery is finally done pomo, fish, etc you... Heating palm oil, ground crayfish ) here ’ s Goat meat and Offals are ideal ) 1 cup seeds! Are still here... mama carry me...... mama.... ma.. ma mama carry me mama! Without looking at ogbono soup sisi jemimah watch or getting any alarm notification, relationships, TIPS! Recipe is for you, also known as Apon is gotten from the of... Carry me..... tears and pulling cooking recipes, African food, Nigerian food & lifestyle.... Women.... it ’ s Goat meat Stew recipe is for you in f... [ image: Ankle-Tie.