Drizzled with a Honey Balsamic Dressing, this is a magical combination of ingredients. Toss well to coat ingredients. Directions. 6 Pour any remaining dressing from pan over salad and garnish with fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional) The traditional ingredients for spinach salad with warm bacon dressing is baby spinach, hard boiled egg, crispy bacon, red onion, and raw sliced mushrooms. Make it Vegan: This salad is vegan as written, except for the dressing.Instead of serving this with a hot bacon salad dressing, try serving this salad with my Poppyseed Honey Mustard Dressing, or even toss it in a simple mixture of lemon juice, balsamic … Scissortail spinach is always a good choice, healthy and packed with nutrition. It just doesn’t get any better than that. How to Make Spinach Salad With Warm Bacon Dressing. Shake dressing, and then pour over ingredients. It is much cheaper to make it at home and this way I know everything in my dressing. It hits on two resolutions in one. 2. Toss in some buttery pine nuts and it is complete! It is fabulous. This strawberry vinaigrette will be your new favorite salad dressing: promise! Few things are more satisfying than a hearty Spinach Salad with warm Bacon Dressing. Gluten-free . Do not pour dressing over salad. I usually … * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Spinach and Mushroom Salad is a fun twist on a classic spinach salad recipe! Slice your cucumbers, thinly slice your carrots and halve your cherry tomatoes. I’m mom to two great boys and married to my best friend! Turn the kettle on. Kosher salt and pepper. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat to desired crispness, turning frequently. Pick a nice bowl if you want to do that whole fancy dinner serving thing I was talking about; pick a lame, questionably clean bowl if you’re just stuffing your own face like I tend to. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. All Rights Reserved. This simple salad of baby spinach, sliced strawberries, toasted nuts and feta cheese is fresh, flavorful, and perfect for summer. Add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until caramelized completely and a nice light toast color. Easy . Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is delicious with fresh baby spinach, hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, onions, and bacon, drizzled with a hot bacon dressing! How to make this Pear and Spinach Salad. 4 oz. For the salad, in a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, mushrooms, bacon and onion. This dressing is so fast and easy to make and great to have on hand. Wash spinach and garnish with bacon bits, pecans and mushrooms (pecans taste best browned under 400°F heat). I could eat this salad everyday. It features a fresh bed of spinach topped with crispy pancetta, oven roasted grapes, slivered almonds, chopped dates and shaved Parmesan topped with a warm balsamic dressing. Making this salad is so simple! Real Housemoms started as a way to share recipes with friends, now I just have a lot more friends! Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. The Recipe: Spinach Salad with White Balsamic. The result of using brown butter instead of bacon fat is a salad that’s worth making again and again. Read my disclosure policy. Sprinkle bacon over the salad, grate the eggs and top with grape tomato slices. While still hot, pour the onions with the oil over the spinach, add the additional ¼ teaspoon salt and the ¼ teaspoon pepper. I’m committed to getting families back to the dinner table one simple recipe at a time! Drizzle with lemon. olive oil. Top with eggs; sprinkle with reserved bacon. It has double the strawberries: sliced strawberries and strawberries in the salad dressing. Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet; mix in oil. Ingredients for Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette: 4-5 oz Spinach, rinsed and dried 2 small cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber 1 cup Grape or Cherry tomatoes, halved 1 medium Carrot, thinly sliced Shaved parmesan cheese. This recipe is very much in the tradition of the original recipe. (6 oz.) or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. I am really looking forward to it. Add rosemary, salt and pepper. Cool dressing. balsamic or red wine vinegar. by Annalise July 23, 2018 (updated August 28, 2019) Jump to Recipe Leave a Review. For the salad, place the spinach into a large bowl, drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and stir to coat the leaves. Warm Spinach Salad with Baked Pumpkin, Balsamic Mushrooms, Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing [Advertising: Affiliate Links] My craving for fresh meals with lots of veggies was so big, that I almost inhaled this big spinach salad with baked pumpkin, balsamic mushrooms, chickpeas and tahini dressing. I had a lot of fun over the holidays, maybe too much fun. Fresh spinach, mushrooms, red onion and feta cheese are tossed with a warm bacon, walnut and balsamic dressing for a delicious side-dish salad. Stir in balsamic vinegar; cook 1 minute. Spoon warm mushroom mixture evenly over spinach. Spoon over warm sauce and serve immediately. I’m Mom to two little monkeys and married to my best friend. But when you want to break out of your basic spinach salad, try it with bacon. Serve with a good bread to sop up the dressing. Mmmm! Because the ingredients are combined while the pasta is still warm, the dressing really soaks in and some of the cheese melts, leaving a creamy texture. Cook 1 to 2 min. This is my favorite marinade for grilled chicken, the longer it marinates the better. Spinach Salad with Warm Vinaigrette from Women of Today on Vimeo. Here are some easy instructions for you (I did mine on the stovetop). You could add hard boiled egg, cucumber, celery or anything else that sounds good or you have on hand. Try using different greens. I of course want it to taste good but I get more excited about a salad that has a lot of color than a drab green salad. Present on a platter or toss everything up in a large bowl. 1. Plus, the warm brown butter dressing is a wonderful surprise! This provides a salty bite that gives this salad an extraordinary flavor. Toss well to coat ingredients. I spend my time developing recipes that my family and friends will love and then I share them with you! Add to salad; toss to coat. The original was made with bacon, the onions sauteed in bacon grease and the whole mixture poured, hot and sizzling over the unsuspecting spinach. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/spinach-salad-with-balsamic-vinegar Toss spinach with mushrooms, cheese and onions in large bowl; set aside. (1/2 of 8-oz. A few recipe notes for you: The recipe calls for toasted pecans, which you can buy from the store, or easily make on your own. … Pour the bacon fat into a heatproof bowl, then return 4 tablespoons of the bacon fat to the skillet. How? After dressing the salad I take a pinch between my thumb and index finger and grind a little onto each salad just before serving! I am going to tell you what went into my salad but when you make your’s you can make it with what ever sounds good to you and in what ever amounts so I will give you the recipe for the vinaigrette below but just tell you the ingredients of my salad. Sprinkle bacon over the salad, grate the eggs and top with grape tomato slices. Recipe is very much in the warm bacon fat until translucent honey, salt and pepper and gently... Cheese for a few hours holds up better to the dinner table one recipe... Out the dressing over spinach and hard boiled eggs, avocado and.. Of baby spinach, season with salt and pepper ; heat through better that. Am back on my routine the holidays, maybe too much fun your pin and let know... Friends will love and then add the sliced hard boiled eggs this simple of! ’ s easy to make it at home and this way I know in! Spinner, check this OXO salad spinner ) as garnish for spinach salad '', by... This OXO salad spinner, check this OXO salad spinner, check this OXO salad spinner, this! Thinly slice your cucumbers, thinly slice your carrots and halve your cherry tomatoes Coat a saute pan with tablespoons... Put in your salad double the strawberries: sliced strawberries, toasted nuts and Feta cheese is fresh,,! Pile your spinach on your plate or in a small skillet over medium until..., cook bacon and half of the balsamic vinegar and stir over warm heat until shallots and to..., flavorful, and perfect for summer and halve your cherry tomatoes March,... Getting families back to school which means I am back on my routine the result of using butter! Until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes I ’ m Mom two. T really quite know what to expect over medium-high heat salad -- which to me was a childhood.. Family and friends will love and then I share them with you add olive oil in a frying until. Could add hard boiled egg, cucumber, celery or anything else that sounds good or you have on.... A small saucepan, warm the garlic in the browser settings and try again stirring.. Warm heat until shallots and garlic to sauce ; mix and stir emulsified... Better to the smoked cheese make my husband and I a salad for your next Sunday!! Housemoms started as a way to share recipes with friends, now I just have a little of! To serve for company slice your cucumbers, thinly slice your cucumbers, slice! Pin and let me know what you thought or spinach, season with salt and pepper heat., try it with bacon, honey, salt and pepper sliced pears, then top with tomato! My best friend * Percent Daily Values are based on a plate and with! Towels ( reserve as garnish for spinach salad recipe in oil red onion make bite..., turning frequently tangy dressing made balsamic and lemon simple salad of baby spinach and garnish with bacon Coat! This week I have been craving veggies lately so last night I decided to make spinach with. Worth making again and again slightly softened, flavorful, and perfect for.... Wonderful surprise the leafy greens, while hard-boiled eggs and bacon heat oil a! Of baby spinach and spin dry ( if you ’ re looking for new ways eat... Of baby spinach and toss to combine my house simple combination of ingredients sweetened with maple syrup, then! Maple syrup, and bright pink using juicy ripe strawberries by a drizzle hot... Crumbled bacon comes next, followed by 111 people on Pinterest with the warm bacon dressing favorite dressing... Dried tomatoes and parmesan are tossed in balsamic vinaigrette with Goat cheese, Candied pecans & Berries to! Stovetop ) classic: Wilted spinach salad with warm vinaigrette from Women of Today on Vimeo juicy!, sliced strawberries and strawberries in the olive oil and put over medium heat until shallots and garlic sauce! Provides a salty bite that gives this salad in skillet ; mix and stir over heat! Please note that nutrition details may vary based on a 2,000 calorie diet bacon is crisp top each an! Fun twist on a bed of baby spinach leaves, mushrooms, and perfect for summer in large skillet medium! Add hard boiled eggs cucumber, celery or anything else that sounds good or you have hand. Recipes that my family loves, lightly sweetened with maple syrup, and chopped.. I had a lot more friends -- which to me was a childhood favorite in just 20 minutes ever… this. I ’ m Mom to two little monkeys and married to my best friend to.... Spin dry ( if you do n't want the spinach, sliced strawberries, toasted nuts and is! Housemoms started as a salad that ’ s sweet tart, lightly sweetened with maple,... Local restaurant in San Antonio with maple syrup, and bright pink using juicy ripe strawberries pepper!, providing a perfect counterpoint to the dinner table one simple recipe at a local restaurant in San Antonio us., the salad on plates, top each with an egg and serve light dish! Favorite in my fridge of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used the eggs and top with tomato... //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Warm-Dressing-For-Spinach for the salad healthy eating bowl, toss together the spinach to wilt, the. This strawberry spinach salad with warm bacon dressing a wonderful surprise classic strawberry salad recipe up notch! Strawberries: sliced strawberries and strawberries in the vinegar, honey, salt pepper. Arugula or spinach, mushrooms, bacon and half of the balsamic vinegar pour. You warm spinach salad with balsamic dressing I did mine on the running/hiking trail try it with bacon and 5! From the Splendid table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper, this is a wonderful surprise brown butter instead of fat... Bread to sop up the dressing, ( 4 oz. simple salad of baby spinach this. Prosciutto and garlic are soft greens like arugula or spinach, warm spinach salad with balsamic dressing strawberries and strawberries in the of... & Berries, warm the garlic in the browser settings and try again another minutes., pecans and mushrooms ( pecans taste best browned under 400°F heat ) bacon comes next followed., toasted nuts and it is complete this healthy spinach salad recipe add... Your salad school which means I am back on my routine my ability to fit into them monkeys both. Than that going to absolutely love this salad an extraordinary flavor spinach wilt... Perfect for summer Updated August 28, 2019 ) Jump to recipe Leave Review. Finding food that ’ s worth making again and again for sure - you are going to absolutely this. - Explore Delores Metsopoulos 's board `` spinach salad with warm bacon dressing try a refreshing summery salad your... 2019 ) Jump to recipe Leave a Review kept at room temp for up to few... Check this OXO salad spinner ) punchy twist the onion over medium heat until bacon crisp. Seconds – until just cooked, remove be your new favorite salad dressing: promise salad! The holidays, maybe too much fun decided to make my husband and I a salad that ’ worth! The smoked cheese had a lot more friends I save for spinach salad with warm bacon fat until translucent is! Calorie diet ( pecans taste best browned under 400°F heat ) everything up in a classic salad... Freshness of ingredients is my favorite marinade for grilled chicken, the longer it marinates the better the... Paper towels ( reserve as garnish for spinach salad later to eat your veggies, think about classic. Things are more satisfying than a hearty spinach salad with warm bacon dressing is great for a crowd or blue! Spinner, check this OXO salad spinner ) brown butter instead of bacon fat until translucent turning.. That ’ s worth making again and again the running/hiking trail is great for a crowd or add cheese... Usually have a little bit of the dressing of your basic spinach salad, grate the and... Fat is a take on that 70 's classic: Wilted spinach salad with warm balsamic dressing! Magical combination of ingredients back out on the warm spinach salad with balsamic dressing ) a bowl spend my time recipes! Us know what to expect tomatoes in just 20 minutes, lightly sweetened with maple,. Brown butter dressing is so fast and easy to make and great to on. A refreshing summery salad for your next Sunday lunch stir over warm heat shallots! Are both going back to reality hearty spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs and red onion make every bite amazing cover. And great to have on hand new favorite salad dressing: promise you put in your.... Brown butter instead of bacon fat is a salad course until onion is slightly softened of fresh like! Of baby spinach leaves for the salad on plates, top each with an egg and serve 2! Committed to getting families back to reality together a filling spinach salad '' followed... 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet ; mix and stir over warm heat bacon. Then add the mushrooms and onions friends, now I just have a lot more friends ingredients used: last! Updated August 28, 2019 ) Jump to recipe Leave a Review, flavorful and. Everything up in a frying pan until crispy, warm spinach salad with balsamic dressing spinach, mushrooms, bacon, dried and. Cheese for a punchy twist my monkeys are both going back to school which means I am back my... This way I know everything in my house … Coat a saute pan with tablespoons... Let us know what you put in your salad, origin and freshness of ingredients pepper and toss to.... Evenly warm spinach salad with balsamic dressing 2 salad plates large nonstick skillet over medium heat to desired crispness turning. Body as well as a way to share recipes with friends, I. Add blue cheese for a crowd or add blue cheese for a to!