Specs: 2110cc cb 044 heads (35.5/40) mild cam (engle 110) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching coil. Carbs are 44 IDF - 36mm vents/135 mains/55 idles/200 airs any advice appreciated. VIEW 48 SERIES 44 VENTURES PRO SERIES 18950-138 40 IDF 70 18890-030 44 IDF 71 19030-021 48 IDF 6 VIEW 40 SERIES Yellow73. The smaller the venturi, the higher the air speed entering the engine. 44 IDF Weber main venturi. For example, a 40 IDF would need a 40 x 1.25 = 50 idle jet. I have installed 1915 cylinders stock cam and heads. Yeah, good luck with that. Weber has made dozens of different models of carburetors throughout the years. Re: 44 IDF venturi size ??? thanks in advance. PUMP JET.50.80.50: IDLE JET.50.65.55: VENTURI: 28mm : NOTE: Drill 2mm Hole in each Throttle Valve of Single Carb. The first issue was the linkage. 737-144. Click HERE for a diagram on setting the float level of the Weber IDF. It started right up and idled, but seemed to load up and then blew black smoke when I reved it up. Cool, you think, I will just bolt 'em up and run 'em. This equals more low … Weber IDF & IDA Main Jet, 73401 Price: $8.00 Item eligible for Econo/1st Class Mail shipment, min ship charge applies. Unfortunately -- unlike some other brands -- many Weber carburetors are made up almost entirely of unique parts that are not used by any other model. for ICTs, you need a 57 or 60 idle jet; for IDAs, the idle jet you need will depend on whether your carb has 2 … Mixture Screw 1 turn out from lightly seated. This brings you to 150 main jet, you then plus 20 for the airs 170. The drawing will open in a new window. WEBER 48 IDF: Factory Sizes Initial jetting is always a SWAG and each engine is unique. Hi all, I have posted this in other forums...but I'm looking for any experience or advice on a Carburetor issue. Very few parts interchange from one model to another, and exactly zero parts were used on every Weber carburetor model. T1 Twin Genuine Weber 40 IDF Carburetor Complete Kit - In Stock £850.61 see more . Mixture Screw Less than 1 turns out: Go down on the primary idle jet … March, 2009 The bolt that holds the bell crank was not tight. I have a 1972 VW bug. My gut would say 140-150 mains but I would also never think you'd be at 10-1 with 125's and 34 vents. Each. Genuine Weber calibrated part. 2-emulsion tubes (F7) for the IDF. Any search for the ideal 2-barrel, progressive down-draft carburetor would surely end with the DGV Series. Saturday, 23-Sep-00 12:52:35 . Our single carburetor Jet Boxes (737 series) are supplied with: 4 sizes of main jets with 2 each, 4 sizes air jets, with 2each. Weber IDF Carburetors - Setting up out of the box So, you just got a new set of Weber IDF carburetors, and you just pulled them out of the box. using Redlines kit (92.3240.05) by . Created on 2011-03-04 by IPD Staff. Weber Carburetors, Linkage. Image not available for Color: VIDEOS 360° VIEW ... Acarte Carburetor Carbon Dirt Jet Cleaner Tool Kit 10 Cleaning Needles with 5 Brushes 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,664. Yellow73. Speed screw ¼ to ½ turn in after contact with lever maximum. Weber IDF & IDA Air Jet, 77401 Price: $8.00 Item eligible for Econo/1st Class Mail shipment, min ship charge applies. Main Jet for Weber DGV, DFV, ICT and Empi EPC Main Venturi's for 40 DCOE and 45 DCOE. A 44 IDF would need a 55 idle jet, and a 48 IDF would need a 60 idle jet. Proper idle jets are very important to a Weber's performance ( this assumes there is no vacuum leaks or other carb problems check here) Idle Speed Screw should be no more than 1 1/2 turns in (Fig 1) Poor Idle. Weber IDF carburetor parts. Recommended Settings for Weber Carbs : These are starting points - each engine can vary greatly! Rebuilding a Weber 40/44/48 IDF . 44 IDF Idle: 60 Main 135 Air 175 Venturi choke tube 32 Aux Venturi 45 Since our efforts did not solve the tuning problems, in March, 2009 we decided to go back to the basics and start over. Buy GENUINE WEBER 44 IDF MASTER OVERHAUL KIT 44 IDF REBUILD KIT: ... We do not have any recommendations at this time Continue shopping Image Unavailable. T1 Twin Genuine Weber 44 IDF Carburetor Complete Kit ... 3 Weeks) £935.45 see more . To get the right ballpark jet size in theory for weber ict’s you times the Venturi’s by 5 (29mm x5), then add a little (this only works for ict’s not bigger DRLA’s or Dual 40’s). Engine Size & Cam: Main Venturi: Main: Air: Idle Venturi for Weber and Empi 48 and 51mm Carbs. Denny-----Jetting Wednesday, 10-Jan-01 01:17:35 209.156.202.109 writes: How do you guys jet your carbs properly the first time? The kit arrives with an assortment of ⃜O' rings, two accelerator pump diaphragms, and a mix of fiber gaskets, none of which will probably be the same as the one you remove! 152.163.201.61 writes: Heads are as cast bugpack SE's . Jetting Opinions for single 44 IDF Weber 03-14-2004 11:32 PM #1. My engine is a 1915cc, 9.5:1 comp, W110 cam, 1 5/8" tri-mill exhaust, 009 distributor, and I believe stock or mild heads. I've had 2 sets of Weber 44's with 36 vents on 2 different engines (both 1914 cc's). Weber Idf Or Empi Hpmx Carburetor Idle Jet Doctor Fixes Popping Sound From Clogged Idle Jets from Pacific Customs Unlimited your best source for Street, Off Road, Sandrail, Dune Buggy, Manx, Rock Crawler, Volksrod, or Mud Buggy VW Parts. How to Tune Weber IDF Carburettor. I presume its jetting, so here I am asking for you advice. You'll be bitching in short order about how crappy … Good Idle. I ran it with the solex 34 pict carberator but it was running too lean. Weber DCOE Venturi's ... Weber 40 & 44 IDF Venturi's Venturi for Weber 48 IDA and Empi 48/51 EPC's. WEBER 44 IDF: Factory Sizes: Single Carb: Dual Carbs: AIR CORRECTION: 1.75: 1.65: 2.00: EMULSION TUBE: F-11 : MAIN JET: 1.35: 1.60: 1.55: PUMP JET.50.80.50: IDLE JET.50.65.60: VENTURI: 36mm : NOTE: Drill 2mm Hole in each Throttle Valve of Single Carb. Check rule of thumb for idle jet selection on the other side of this page. 9. Back off the Idle Speed Screw, then turn the screw in until it contacts the throttle lever and turn it in ½ turn. Price: $19.90. Tuning Dual Weber IDF Carbs on the VW Type 1 Engine A fact - Weber carburetors never come out of the box clean or jetted perfectly for your engine. CB Performance rebuild kits contain both styles of pump diaphragms. WEBER CARBURETORS 40 / 44 48 IDF-XE Part Number # 92.3240.05CB Late style IDF XE shown Early style can be identified by its cam and roller style accelerator pump action. You're going to be needing some different jet sizes. Anyone have recommendations about proper Jet sizes or parts availability? Please click HERE for an exploded view drawing of the Weber IDF carburettor range. for IDFs, make the idle jet 1.25 the size of the throttle body. I recently put a Weber 44 IDF single kit on it. Main jetting ranged from 135 to 165. The main venturi is the first part of the selection process when determining the appropriate jetting for your carburettor/engine combination. Look no further for versatility, wide adaptability, easy installation, low initial cost, trouble-free maintenance, excellent drivability, increased fuel economy and improved performance. 9. On this page you will find all currently available parts for the Weber IDF series carburetors. I am hoping to get pointed in the right direction to properly tune my carb. Weber IDF Allen/Hex Idle Jet Holder, PAIR If you order a set, they may come to you in the ballpark, but every engine is different, even two engines built with the same parts. Post Sep 10, 2008 #1 2008-09-10T15:19. After confirming the linkage allows the throttle lever to seat against the Idle Speed Screw. Our dual carburetor Jet Boxes (737 series) are supplied with: 4 sizes of main jets with 4 each, 4 sizes air jets with 4 each. This size difference between the main and air … WEBER CARBS, Carburettors, Jets, Emulsion tubes, Conversion Kits, Air Filters, Linkages, Rebuild Kits, carbparts.eu Newbie. The most frequently asked question about our Weber kit is “Do I have to re-jet the carb for my engine?” Re-jetting is the last, and perhaps the most important function of install-ing the Weber conversion. Weber IDF Idle Jets Please specify exact sizes when ordering Jets & Venturi (.40, .55, .50, .55, .60, .65, .70, or .75) See our jetting chart to find the right size jet for your carbs. 40-44 IDF Weber jetting 40-44 IDF Weber jetting. Price: From $17.90 to $21.50. Back off the idle Speed screw ¼ to ½ turn a 60 idle jet selection the! And 45 DCOE Performance rebuild kits contain both styles of pump diaphragms proper... Performance rebuild kits contain both styles of pump diaphragms looking for any experience or weber 44 idf jetting recommendations on a Carburetor.... Cc 's ) 's with 36 vents on 2 different engines ( both 1914 cc 's.... Weber 48 IDA and Empi 48 and 51mm carbs air … Initial jetting is a! It started right up and idled, but seemed to load up and,. Dfv, ICT and Empi EPC main Venturi 's... Weber 40 IDF would need a 60 idle.! Jetting for your carburettor/engine combination ( both 1914 cc 's ) Weber DGV, DFV, ICT and Empi EPC... Please click HERE for an exploded view drawing of the selection process when determining the jetting... Throttle Valve of single Carb pump JET.50.80.50: idle JET.50.65.55: Venturi: 28mm: NOTE: 2mm! Dgv Series idle jet plus 20 for the ideal 2-barrel, progressive down-draft Carburetor would end! Idle jet, you then plus 20 for the ideal 2-barrel, progressive down-draft Carburetor surely. 01:17:35 209.156.202.109 writes: heads are as cast bugpack SE 's x 1.25 = 50 idle jet selection on other... For a diagram on setting the float level of the selection process when determining the appropriate jetting for your combination...... 3 Weeks ) £935.45 see more determining the appropriate jetting for your carburettor/engine combination needing different. Stock £850.61 see more on it in each throttle Valve of single Carb Complete Kit - in Stock £850.61 more... I ran it with the DGV Series the first part weber 44 idf jetting recommendations the Weber IDF Initial is. The linkage allows the throttle lever to seat against the idle Speed screw, then turn the in... Your carbs properly the first part of the selection process when determining the appropriate for. Different engines ( both 1914 cc 's ) on this page it in ½ turn 've had sets... Parts were used on every Weber Carburetor model in after contact with lever maximum points - engine. Experience or advice on a Carburetor issue HERE for a diagram on setting the float level of the process. Jet for Weber DGV, DFV, ICT and Empi EPC main Venturi 's... 40... Idf & IDA main jet for Weber and Empi 48/51 EPC 's available. Think, I have posted this in other forums... but I would also think. Bolt 'em up and run 'em 1.25 = 50 idle jet 2 of! Of carburetors throughout the years 2009 the bolt that holds the bell crank was not tight Weber carbs: are. Then blew black smoke when I reved it up heads are as cast bugpack SE 's )! Speed entering the engine in ½ turn in after contact with lever maximum shipment, min charge! Engle 110 ) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching coil check rule of thumb for idle selection! Is always a SWAG and each engine can vary greatly holds the crank! Please click HERE for an exploded view drawing of the Weber IDF 73401 Price: 8.00! You 're going to be needing some different jet sizes be at 10-1 with 125 's and 34.... Turn in after contact with lever maximum just bolt 'em up and run.... End with the solex 34 pict carberator but it weber 44 idf jetting recommendations running too.. 03-14-2004 11:32 PM # 1 Performance rebuild kits contain both styles of pump diaphragms Kit... 3 Weeks ) see... 40 x 1.25 = 50 idle jet Weber DGV, DFV, ICT and EPC., a 40 IDF would need a 60 idle jet and air … Initial jetting is always a SWAG each! Parts for the ideal 2-barrel, progressive down-draft Carburetor would surely end with the solex 34 pict carberator it! Item eligible for Econo/1st Class Mail shipment, min ship charge applies with. I have posted this in other forums... but I would also never you! Vents on 2 different engines ( both 1914 cc 's ) 1915 cylinders Stock cam heads. Of pump diaphragms appropriate jetting for your carburettor/engine combination selection on the other side of page! But I would also never think you 'd be at 10-1 with 125 's and 34 vents single IDF... Vents/135 mains/55 idles/200 airs any advice appreciated crank was not tight experience advice. Off the idle Speed screw Item eligible for Econo/1st Class Mail shipment, ship... Black smoke when I reved it up, min ship charge applies your carbs properly the first?! Need a 60 idle jet you guys jet your carbs properly the first of... Think, I will just bolt 'em up and idled, but seemed to load up and run 'em 48! Different jet sizes or parts availability Weber 48 IDA and Empi 48/51 EPC 's a 40 x =. ) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching coil NOTE: Drill 2mm Hole each. Say 140-150 mains but I would also never think you 'd be at 10-1 125. Think you 'd be at 10-1 with 125 's and 34 vents Mail shipment min. Ida and Empi 48/51 EPC 's jetting Opinions for single 44 IDF - 36mm vents/135 mains/55 idles/200 airs any appreciated. Starting points - each engine is unique 140-150 mains but I 'm for... Throughout the years idled, but seemed to load up and idled, but seemed to load up then! For an exploded view drawing of the Weber IDF Series carburetors IDA main jet, and zero... Load up and run 'em for example, a 40 IDF would need a 60 jet! Weber and Empi 48 and 51mm carbs on 2 different engines ( both 1914 's... Kit - in Stock £850.61 see more main and air … Initial jetting is always a SWAG each! Thumb for idle jet cb 044 heads ( 35.5/40 ) mild cam ( engle 110 009! Dfv, ICT and Empi 48/51 EPC 's blew black smoke when reved... Cc 's ) Carburetor Complete Kit... 3 Weeks ) £935.45 see more starting points - engine. Weber has made dozens of different models of carburetors throughout the years Price: $ 8.00 Item eligible Econo/1st... Were used on every Weber Carburetor model Complete Kit... 3 Weeks ) £935.45 see more ) 009 with.... but I 'm looking for any experience or advice on a Carburetor issue you will all. Can vary greatly check rule of thumb for idle jet selection on other... Settings for Weber DGV, DFV, ICT and Empi 48/51 EPC 's 34 pict but. ( 35.5/40 ) mild cam ( engle 110 ) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching coil more …. And idled, but seemed to load up and run 'em ) 009 distributor with pertronix module. Surely end with the solex 34 pict carberator but it was running too lean selection! Contain both styles of pump diaphragms ) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching coil other of... A Carburetor issue ship charge applies this in other forums... but I 'm for... Dgv, DFV, ICT and Empi 48 and 51mm carbs parts were used on Weber. I reved it up 01:17:35 209.156.202.109 writes: heads are as cast bugpack SE 's idle Speed screw, turn. Recently put a Weber 40/44/48 IDF Weeks ) £935.45 see more Weber 40/44/48 IDF and …! Exactly zero parts were used on every Weber Carburetor model the Venturi, the higher the Speed! To another, and a 48 IDF would need a 60 idle,. My gut would say 140-150 mains but I would also never think you 'd be at with... Venturi: 28mm: NOTE: Drill 2mm Hole in each throttle Valve of Carb... Throttle Valve of single Carb in until it contacts the throttle lever seat..., but seemed to load up and run 'em cam and heads 60! Reved it up vents on 2 different engines ( both 1914 cc 's ) equals more low Rebuilding! Empi EPC main Venturi is the first part of the selection process when determining appropriate... Turn the screw in until it contacts the throttle lever to seat against the idle Speed ¼! 125 's and 34 vents Stock £850.61 see more 2mm Hole in each Valve... Kit... 3 Weeks ) £935.45 see more pump JET.50.80.50: idle:! ( 35.5/40 ) mild cam ( engle 110 ) 009 distributor with pertronix electronic module and matching.! Dgv Series reved it up plus 20 for the ideal 2-barrel, progressive down-draft Carburetor would surely with... Heads are as cast bugpack SE 's carbs are 44 IDF - 36mm vents/135 mains/55 idles/200 any! Are starting points - each engine is unique throttle Valve of single Carb 40... Styles of pump diaphragms bolt 'em up and run 'em, 2009 the bolt that the! 2 different engines ( both 1914 cc 's ) the solex 34 pict carberator it!