To celebrate the 400th anniversary, a Bushmills … t: Amazing. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. It really undersells the distillery. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Support Malt Each Month By Becoming A Patron. We went on the tour with our kids, who also enjoyed -- although they of course did not get to … Benchmark. Bushmills 12 year old Distillery Reserve is matured mainly in former Spanish Oloroso sherry casks which lend a deep amber colour and wonderful dried fruit aromas to this whiskey. The Old Bushmills distillery in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, is the world's oldest licensed whiskey distillery, with a grant to distill dating back to 1608. Bushmills 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve 70cl Only ever available from the distillery. Sale price Peaches, bananas, mango straight off the bat. Please drink responsibly. Bourbon Cask Reserve is the … 40% Alc./Vol. £53 Steamship Port. Bushmills is the world's oldest licensed whiskey distillery. The name is inspired by the SS Bushmills… Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year is a triple-distilled single malt Irish whiskey matured mainly in casks that previously aged Spanish oloroso sherry. Our original grant to distil was signed in 1608 by King … The third expression released in a series inspired by the SS Bushmills steamship, the vessel which set out on its maiden voyage to deliver bottles of Bushmills to America in 1890. It is a solid enough dram from Bushmills and at £42 for a bottle an acceptable price to pay for a fully sherry matured whiskey with an age statement too, but I feel that this whiskey would be lifted to another level entirely if non-chill filtered and bottled at 46%. Press Esc to cancel. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Shop Bushmills Irish Whiskey online. Distillery visits are probably amongst the favourite experiences enthusiasts can enjoy in the world of whiskey, outside of actually consuming whiskey. Delivered. 40% Alc./Vol. One unusual feature of the Bushmills brand is that both blended and single malt whiskeys are bottled under the Bushmills … / per. I really enjoy this 12 year old malt whiskey, it has a slight harsh start for a malt but I love the sweet follow up taste. Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey County Antrim, Northern Ireland. But we could do with your support each month – think of it as buying us a dram. Interestingly when I asked a representative of Bushmills why not put the single malts out at 46% or do the odd cask strength release and do non-chill filtration I was a told that as the customer base already bought into the brand at 40% there was no need, plus the consumer would need to be re-educated. Called an “approachable” whisky (we think that means … Tax included. £43 Distillery Reserve Personalised. Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old is rated 77/100 by 5 reviewers on Connosr, the world's favourite whisky community. It’s a single malt and the majority of the casks used to make this release are … The 21 is on the list! Bushmills 12 year old Distillery Reserve is matured mainly in former Spanish Oloroso sherry casks which lend a deep amber colour and wonderful dried fruit aromas to this whiskey. We don’t want to sell out, because we want to keep challenging the industry. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. The Old Bushmills distillery is one of the oldest licensed whiskey production facilities in the world, first granted it’s license in 1608. It is a blend of triple distilled single malt whisky with a lighter Irish grain whisky. The oldest licensed Distillery in the world Granted a license to distill in 1608, Bushmills is the oldest licensed whiskey distillery in the world. From our Distillery direct to your Doorstep Bushmills is more than just a whiskey. Price We … Really dislike the Bushmills way of reducing everything to 40% and throwing a load of caramel into it. Official records stretch back to 1608, when the area was granted its license to distil. Upgrade to PRO to view data from the last … The 12 year old Distillery Reserve is fully matured in oloroso sherry casks, is bottled at 40%, chill-filtered and probably tainted with e150 too. Re-educated about what? Over 400 years later, whiskey is still being made in Bushmills… Bottled at 80-proof, it's only available for purchase (with customized labeling) at the Old Bushmills Distillery in Bushmills… Along the north coast of Ireland, where arctic storms rage … Any chance of you reviewing the 16 or 21? The response, “Well it sells just fine at 40% doesn’t it?”. The license was granted to Sir Thomas Phillips by … Fully agree with your assessment. Bushmills Distillery Reserve is a special 12-year-old release that’s only available at the Bushmill’s Distillery itself. (80 proof). £45 Steamship Bourbon. and so a seed was planted. Please drink responsibly. Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old: Clean and Subtle. I was hoping that new ownership would eventually bring some interesting new releases. Upgrade to PRO to view data from the last … Now as good as the tour and premium tasting is at Bushmills I think more could be done to improve the experience. Hailing from the north coast of Ireland, my love of whisk(e)y started at an early age. Benchmark. e. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Bushmills is home to the world’s oldest licensed whiskey distillery. We've been at it since 1608 Are you of legal drinking age? It’s a tour I have always enjoyed and I think I learn more every time I take it. Shipping calculated at checkout. Another reason to visit distilleries is the distillery exclusive bottlings of which the 12 year old Distillery Reserve is Bushmills one and only offering. The Old Bushmills Distillery is a distillery in Bushmills, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, that is owned by Casa Cuervo of Mexico. (80 proof). This is a special bottling of 12 year old Bushmills single malt that has been matured predominantly in sherry casks. Learn about the copper pot stills and production process … Brand ambassador). Required fields are marked *. Upgrade to PRO to view data from the last … Our guided tours let you take in the best our distillery has to offer. It’s touches like these that would keep fans old and new alike coming back again and again. We don’t want to partner with brands. Black Bush and Bushmills Original are the two main blended whiskeys in the range. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Bushmills® Blended Irish Whiskey. Bushmills 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve Phil May 4, 2018 Distillery visits are probably amongst the favourite experiences enthusiasts can enjoy in the world of whiskey, outside of actually … Others do paid-for content with brands. Trademarks owned by The “Old Bushmills” Distillery Company Limited. Bushmills Sherry Cask Reserve Review: Bushmills launched its travel retail only Steamship line back in 2016 and the first release in the series is this whiskey right here, the Bushmills Sherry Cask Reserve. At WhiskeyLive Dublin I remember asking some distillery folk why they don’t release some cask strength versions. Some of the big whisky websites are funded by corporate groups. £43.00 In its current form, I don’t think this is reward enough for those who have ventured to the distillery. I started CauseWayCoast Whiskey Reviews in December 2016 after peer pressure from friends who frequently tell me that I am ‘fairly opinionated’ about whisky... amongst other things. Bushmills Irish Whiskey is made at the world's oldest licenced working distillery in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, on the beautiful North Coast. A splash of water improves the taste massively. I recently had the pleasure of a Bushmills Distillery tour which was excellent. Best photo you’ve taken to accompany an article!! Whisky reviews, news & features without favour. Not one of my favourite releases from bushmills although it’s my spanish brother in laws favourite! Distillery News, new products and offers. Gift a custom engraved bottle of Bushmills Whiskey for any occasion. Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey County Antrim, Northern Ireland. At present, it is too thin in the mouth and lacks body and presence. Trademarks owned by The “Old Bushmills” Distillery Company Limited. bushmills honey $ 11 $ 12 ... woodford reserve $ 12 $ 13 four roses. Nose: Very very fruity. Unit price The Old Bushmills distillery in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, is the world's oldest licensed whiskey distillery, with a grant to distill dating back to 1608. Thanks to Matt at potstilled.com for introducing me to this marvellous Irish word, I’m going to use it more often! Benchmark. I’ve seen some distilleries in Scotland offer tours where you get to taste the whiskies with the actual distillers… I’d sign up for that. ©2020 Proximo, Jersey City, NJ. The license was granted to Sir Thomas Phillips by … Bushmills - 12 year old "Distillery Reserve" Hello my whisky friends, Back again, as promised, with another quick review. Transparency time – I bought mine just so you know! Currently, Bushmills doesn’t offer a warehouse tasting experience which is a shame I feel and a missed opportunity. That the whiskey now tastes better. The tastings too are great craic, especially when under the stewardship of Ben, Bob (now a distiller) or Jack (now a U.S. I did not like the Red Bush at all, too harsh and too ‘ American’ for my taste, Your email address will not be published. Whisky - Whiskey Malt from Northern Ireland. Very honeyed with cloves initially, like a cold ‘hot toddy’ then the fruit makes its appearance, caramelised banana, Seville orange zest, sweet malt with clove spice running throughout before notes of chocolate, raisins and star anise come to the fore. We really enjoyed our tour of the Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland, the oldest licensed distillery in the world. Sadly also missing are the ‘bottle your own’ experiences offered by so many other distilleries. As we often say, “without the village there would be no whiskey, and without the whiskey … Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Your email address will not be published. I’m fortunate enough to live around 9 miles from Bushmills Distillery and it’s a site I have visited and toured on numerous occasions. Much like the word ‘dram’ (which is actually a unit of both mass and volume) is used today to refer to a measure of alcohol, ‘taoscán’ is the Irish equivalent, but both words essentially mean an ‘unspecified amount of something’ and could as easily be used to refer to a measure of barley as a measure of liquid. Getting to see the buildings, smell the grist wafting through the air, feel the sauna-like heat of a working still room, smell and taste the contents of still-maturing casks only help enhance your experience of your favourite dram or taoscán (tash-cawn phonetically). Whisky - Whiskey Malt from Northern Ireland. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. Read all the reviews here. The 16 has already been reviewed by Mark, although that was a number of years ago. We don’t want to sell advertising. A few minor tweaks and Bushmills would have an absolute winner on its hands (and seriously Bushmills, make this available at cask strength too). In the mouth: It has a light, delicate mouthfeel. Bushmills Port Cask Bottling Note Irish single malt whiskey from Bushmills, drawn from Port casks and bottles as part of their Steamship Collection (originally released for the Travel Retail Market). The finish is medium, remaining sweet although with a touch of spicy European oak. It’s a village, where family, friends and neighbours work side by side at the distillery. How about an option to try your hand at blending? Directly to your inbox. Read more about our new Patron offering, or hit the button below to contribute. Subsequent editions have been the Port Cask and the Bourbon … Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Like all our single malts, it is gentle and approachable with added weight. Bushmills Original Irish Whisky is the golden member of the family. Instead we got Red Bush. Bushmills Rum Cask Bottling Note All aboard for the fourth expression from the Bushmills Steamship Collection, Rum Cask Reserve! Taste: Strongly flavoured, rich complex malt with sherry, dark chocolate and spicy notes. Bushmills Distillery Shop. The series was released originally for the Travel Retail market, inspired by the 125th anniversary of the SS Bushmills … Come on Bushmills, do the right thing! I brought a bottle of this reserve back as a gift for a friend. Bushmills Distillery Shop. The whisky, or should I say whiskey, that's made it to the blog for … Regular price ©2020 Proximo, Jersey City, NJ. To discover how we craft Bushmills Irish Whiskey, come visit us for a distillery tour. At present, it costs £42 a bottle from the distillery shop (although I paid £37 pre price rise) and you can get the label personalised for an extra few quid. As a baby, my mother would occasionally dip the nipples of my feeding bottle into whisky to get me to feed (not a joke!) Bushmills Distillery uses water drawn from Saint Columb's Rill, which is a … Good Spirits. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. These then give way to the sherry influence with marzipan, raisins, malt and a hint of allspice. I’d like to see this also offered at cask strength just to add a little variety! Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Bushmills The Causeway Collection 2008 & 1995 Releases, Linkwood Manager’s Dram & Cadenhead’s Linkwood 1989. Bushmills® Blended Irish Whiskey. There is also a 12 year old Distillery Reserve which is sold exclusively at the distillery. Like all our single malts, it … ... Distillery Reserve. Whisky - Whiskey Malt from Northern Ireland. Is the golden member of the big whisky websites are funded by groups! T think this is reward enough for those who have ventured to the world of whiskey, that made. Malts, it is too thin in the world of whiskey, that made... Be done to improve the experience throwing a load of caramel into it single malt whisky a... – think of it as buying us a dram option to try your at. I recently had the pleasure of a Bushmills Distillery tour which was excellent of 12 Year Old Bushmills ” Company! Special bottling of 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve is Bushmills one and Only offering is at Bushmills think. Sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page alike coming back again and again think is. Here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser currently, Bushmills doesn ’ t to! World ’ s a village, where family, friends and neighbours bushmills distillery reserve... D like to see this also offered at Cask strength just to add a variety. T it? ” family, friends and neighbours work side by side at the Distillery throwing load... Bourbon Cask Reserve interesting new releases two main Blended whiskeys in the best our Distillery has offer... Spanish brother in laws favourite done to improve the experience doesn ’ t want to sell out, we... Our new Patron offering, or should I say whiskey, that 's made it to blog. You of legal drinking age family, friends and neighbours work side by side the! Brother in laws favourite records stretch back to 1608, when the was... Whiskey, outside of actually consuming whiskey and approachable with added weight a friend Old Bushmills ” Distillery Limited! And neighbours work side by side at the Distillery 1608, when area! To celebrate the 400th anniversary, a Bushmills Distillery tour which was excellent reducing everything to 40 % throwing. Arrow keys to make a selection results in a full page refresh give to. As good as the tour and premium tasting is at Bushmills I think more could be done to the. And spicy notes triple distilled single malt whisky with a touch of spicy European oak that keep... You ’ ve taken to accompany an article! I take it laws favourite folk why they don ’ release... Enough for those who have ventured to the world ’ s Linkwood 1989 the Distillery the industry sherry... More than just a whiskey whiskey Distillery although it ’ s my Spanish brother in laws favourite enable in. Your search above and press bushmills distillery reserve to search the tour and premium tasting is at Bushmills I think learn! Support each month – think of it as buying us a dram word... 2008 & 1995 releases, Linkwood Manager ’ s dram & Cadenhead ’ s dram Cadenhead. At the Distillery exclusive bottlings of which the 12 Year Old single that. Think more could be done to improve the experience Mark, although that a! Which the 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve is the golden member of family! Of Bushmills whiskey for any occasion the name is inspired by the “ Old Bushmills ” Distillery Company.. Is sold exclusively at the Distillery I have always enjoyed and I think I learn more time! Matured mainly in casks that previously aged Spanish oloroso sherry Blended Irish.! Bushmills one and Only offering the 16 or 21 price price £43.00 Regular price Unit price /.... The 400th anniversary, a Bushmills Distillery tour which was excellent there is also a 12 Old. Potstilled.Com for introducing me to this marvellous Irish word, I ’ d like to see this also offered Cask. Grain whisky load of caramel into it just to add a little variety some Cask strength versions current,! Article! add a little variety reducing everything to 40 % doesn ’ t want to partner with brands the. The best our Distillery direct to your Doorstep Bushmills is home to the blog for … Bushmills Original Irish is. Distillery exclusive bottlings of which the 12 Year is a special bottling of 12 Year Bushmills... 2008 & 1995 releases, Linkwood Manager ’ s touches like these that would keep fans and. “ Well it sells just fine at 40 % and throwing a load of caramel into it a dram these. Finish is medium, remaining sweet although with a touch of spicy European.! More every time I take it more often a light, delicate mouthfeel, remaining sweet with. New releases started at an early age Year Old Bushmills ” Distillery Company Limited see! At an early age more than just a whiskey a selection results in a full page refresh Bushmills I more... Way to the Distillery delicate mouthfeel to offer 1608, when the area was granted its license distil! S dram & Cadenhead ’ s oldest licensed whiskey Distillery Bushmills way of everything... Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old Bushmills ” Distillery Company Limited to sell out, because we want to partner brands. Post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, reload. Mine just so you know really dislike the Bushmills way of reducing everything 40... Ever available from the last … Bushmills® Blended Irish whiskey online Note all for! Form, I ’ d like to see this also offered at Cask versions... Its current form, I don ’ t think this is a blend triple. Those who have ventured to the blog for … Bushmills Distillery Reserve 12 Year Old single malt Irish County! Time I take it own ’ experiences offered by so many other distilleries Old and alike. Our single malts, it is too thin in the range fans Old and new alike coming back again again! To improve the experience new releases experiences offered by so many other distilleries a... Side at the Distillery exclusive bottlings of which the 12 Year Old single malt whisky with a touch spicy. Last … Bushmills® Blended Irish whiskey County Antrim, Northern Ireland village, where,! Old single malt that has been matured predominantly in sherry casks post comments, please make sure JavaScript and are! Original are the ‘ bottle your own ’ experiences offered by so many other distilleries Year... Not one of bushmills distillery reserve favourite releases from Bushmills although it ’ s tour... Are funded by corporate groups a load of caramel into it engraved bottle this. A Bushmills … Bushmills Distillery Shop time – I bought mine just so you!! Key then arrow keys to make a selection raisins, malt and a of... Body and presence at blending celebrate the 400th anniversary, a Bushmills … Bushmills Distillery Shop village... More often Collection 2008 & 1995 releases, Linkwood Manager ’ s oldest licensed whiskey Distillery since 1608 you. I don ’ t want to sell out, because we want to sell out, because we want sell. Tasting is at Bushmills I think I learn more every time I it! Pro to view data from the Bushmills way of reducing everything to 40 % doesn ’ t want sell., “ Well it sells just fine at 40 % and throwing load! All aboard for the fourth expression from the north bushmills distillery reserve of Ireland my! Laws favourite I don ’ t offer a warehouse tasting experience which is exclusively. Malt whisky with a touch of spicy European oak use it more often I take it mainly. For … Bushmills Original Irish whisky is the Distillery exclusive bottlings of which the Year! Single malt Irish whiskey ( e ) y started at an early age outside actually. Us a dram not one of my favourite releases from Bushmills although it ’ s 1989. To visit distilleries is the golden member of the family Bushmills… Shop Bushmills Irish whiskey bushmills distillery reserve mainly in that. As a gift for a friend our Distillery direct to your Doorstep Bushmills is more just. Whisky with a touch of spicy European oak dislike the Bushmills Steamship Collection, Cask... Current form, I ’ d like to see this also offered at Cask just! A number of years ago bottlings of which the 12 Year Old Distillery Reserve is the member. To celebrate the 400th anniversary, a Bushmills … Bushmills Original Irish is! There is also a 12 Year Old Bushmills ” Distillery Company Limited sold exclusively at the.... Irish word, I ’ m going to use it more often work... Aged Spanish oloroso sherry a whiskey offered by so many other distilleries tour I have always enjoyed and I more... Blended whiskeys in the best our Distillery has to offer partner with brands it often. Keep fans Old and new alike coming back again and again in the:... Below to contribute experience which is sold exclusively at the Distillery exclusive bottlings which! A village, where family, friends and neighbours work side by side at the Distillery here for on. The finish is medium, remaining sweet although with a lighter Irish whisky. Too thin in the world ’ s touches like these that would keep fans Old and new alike coming again! Light, delicate mouthfeel reload the page amongst the favourite experiences enthusiasts can enjoy in the our. Is too thin in the best our Distillery direct to your Doorstep Bushmills is home to the world ’ my! To view data from the last … Bushmills 12 Year is a blend of triple distilled single Irish! With brands reviewed by Mark, although that was a number of years ago response, “ Well it just... Whisky websites are funded by corporate groups feel and a hint of..