She loves a challenge and is known for whipping up interesting flavour combinations. This key lime trifle makes a fabulous dessert. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together cream cheese, key lime juice and sugar until creamy and smooth. Key Lime Trifle INGREDIENTS. To add a little crunch to the trifle, I decided to grind some granola bars and add it as a layer. My husband loves anything and everything Key lime. Mix the lime juice, Malibu or rum and … This key lime coconut dessert went over so well! Put the sponge cubes into the base of a 1.3-1.5 litre trifle dish. This key lime trifle is perfect for summer, but you can also enjoy it all year long. I just love Key Lime. Better store. Scatter over the biscuit crumbs and extra lime zest to serve. They can be served in a large clear glass bowl, or small individual servings. Repeat layers, leaving room for final layer of whipped topping. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/layered-lime-cheesecake https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/g3010/summer-trifle-recipes There are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this flow! With easy ingredients from … Add the lime juice and beat again until smooth and creamy. Once I called Aanya’s hang-out as a Playdate in front of her friends and she was so unhappy. The easy way to enjoy key lime pie! Today was one of those days where I was literally “on” from the moment I opened my eyes until now, late at night. 2 (8 Ounce) Containers of Cool Whip, Cold Not Frozen. Here is how I assembled the trifle, starting with the Key lime cream. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of key lime … As a kid, during the summer my mom would make this incredible trifle with layer upon layer of fresh fruit, whipped cream & pound cake–and for me she would leave the nuts out, thanks mom–and to… Pour over the sponge. I start by mixing together sweetened condensed milk and Key lime juice. Apr 26, 2017 - Happy Wednesday everybody! KEY LIME PIE SHEET CAKE. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Then somebody at work mentioned an article they had seen in a magazine about a Key Lime Trifle. That alone could be a lovely dessert! Sign up to our newsletter to enter competitions and receive tasty recipe inspiration every week. Madeira sponge makes the base of this zesty festive trifle. —Barbara Moorhead, Gaffney, South Carolina 1 large egg, plus 3 large egg yolks 1/2 cup sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 lemons) Pinch of salt 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into pieces Whisk together egg, yolks, sugar, lime zest and juice, and salt. Anna is our former Creative Food Editor, and a cookery writer and food stylist. Whisk with a balloon whisk until thickened to soft peaks. Mix the lime juice, Malibu or rum and sugar, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl (discarding the zest) and cover with clingfilm, pressing it to the surface of the custard to stop a skin forming. Squeeze the lime juice over a strainer or in a juicer to avoid getting seeds in the cream. I tend to use this when I am short on time and still want to … THE KEY LIME FILLING. I then added the angel food cake and repeated all the layers again. Layer 1/3 graham cracker mixture on bottom of bowl and then 1/3 layer of key lime cream. Isn’t he easy to please?! For the lime custard, whisk the lime zest and juice, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a medium pan until smooth. Key Lime Trifle: Easy No … 1 x 275g Madeira sponge, cut into 2cm cubes, juice of 4 limes, reserve some zest to serve, 1-2 Hobnob biscuits, bashed to coarse crumbs. Alcohol makes it thicken more quickly, so be careful not to overwhisk. Lime Curd. To that mixture I gently incorporate freshly whipped cream. 1/2 Cup of Key Lime Juice. This one is especially close to my heart because it is so easy to make. Fold in whipped cream. Powered by Mom shares a No Bake Key Lime Trifle Recipe It’s a twist on the usual trifle and on key lime pie. This Key Lime Trifle is a perfect example of a dessert that looks and tastes amazing, but is very easy to create. Cut angel food cake into cubes, set aside. Make sure to let the cream cheese thaw before mixing. It will thicken more as it cools, so don’t make it too thick at this point. I love how sweet tart and alive Key Lime desserts are. I don’t about your family but mine loves dessert. Not only does it taste amazing but it’s beautiful to look at. Enjoy. Then layer with key-lime filling. Continually whisking, pour in the cream. Use a glass trifle bowl or 6 individual mason jars. This Key Lime Pie Sheet Cake features a moist yellow cake soaked in tart and sweet lime curd, frosted with fluffy whipped cream, and topped with crushed graham crackers. Mon July 1st, 2019. Whisk the chilled lime custard to loosen (add a tiny splash of cream or milk to slacken if you need to), then pour over the sponge. The pie is easier to cut when still a little frozen, but be sure to let the pieces finish thawing before starting the recipe. Taste to make sure the cornflour has cooked out; it shouldn’t be floury. Once the dessert cream is made, it is easy to assemble and make. Chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. You can use a serrated knife or your hands to cut the cake into cubes. Shop now A place lots of excitement, fashion and fun. Key Lime Pie Trifle – Key lime pie mousse layered with sweet pound cake and topped with toasted coconut. In a large bowl, arrange 1/3 of the cake cubes on the bottom of the bowl. These footed containers are plastic and the perfect size for these luscious Key Lime Cheesecake Trifles. 2 (14 Ounce) Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk. As I’ve mentioned, Trifle Desserts are so easy yet impressive. 12 issues direct to your door - never miss an issue It’s the teenager thing I guess. She’s still in search of the best pizza in the world. If desired, garnish with additional ground granola bar and Key lime slices. This helps make it creamy. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. In 3-quart glass trifle bowl, spoon layer of lime-cream mixture. Slowly pour 1/3 of the milk mixture on top of the cake. A proper English trifle is made with real egg custard poured over sponge cake soaked in fruit and sherry and topped with whipped cream. To add a little crunch to the trifle, I decided to grind some granola bars and add it as a layer. This give the cream time to infuse with the lime flavor. Sprinkle top layer with graham cracker crumb mixture and additional key lime zest to garnish. From Willow Bird Baking :: Click HERE for the RECIPE If you love key lime pie but want a little more substance or a bigger dessert to feed a crowd, this cake is perfect for you! I like to be able to try out different recipes. Spoon over the custard in the bowl. 2 1/4 Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream, Whipped Until Stiff Peaks Formed. I like to make the Key Lime cream layer first and then keep in the refrigerator while I am preparing the graham crackers. You can garnish the trifle with some of the ground granola bar and slices of Key lime. Inspired by Pampered Chef’s Lemon Blueberry Trifle, Amanda Tinney created this layered dessert in just 15 minutes! Stir key lime juice and 1 teaspoon of zest into cream mixture. This is an amazing dessert for any summer get-together – graduation parties, BBQs, 4th of July, a luau …anything! Layer 1/2 the cake cubes, 1/2 the cheesecake, and 1/2 the … Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle – An easy and pretty dessert made with layers of graham cracker crust, cubed pound cake, and a key lime cheesecake filling. 19. Finish off with a dollop of COOL WHIP. I am not sure about you but Summer at my house is filled with Lots of Playdates for the Little M and Tonnes of “Hang Outs” for Aanya. Evenly, pour the remaining milk mixture of the cake and then top with whipped cream to complete the top. https://skinnybitchininthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/key-lime-trifle.html We use a 3rd party, RedEye, to send out our newsletter but rest assured that your data will only be used for this purpose and not passed on to any other 3rd parties. Step 2, Spoon 1 cup of the lime cream into the bottom of a 6-cup glass trifle dish. Continue layering until cream on top. One of the layers for this trifle is a super light and fluffy angel food cake. The highlight of this trifle is the creamy and tangy Key lime filling. 8-10 Key Limes, Zested. Subscribe for just £26 now! Put the sponge cubes into the base of a 1.3-1.5 litre trifle dish. I came up with this easy Key lime pie trifle because I adore Key lime pie in all its forms. The best of both worlds yum! 5.0 from 2 reviews. Shop now Super fresh. 15 Minute Key Lime Trifle Recipe 15 Minute Key Lime Trifle. To that mixture I gently incorporate freshly whipped cream. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. So pretty and so easy! Scatter with biscuit crumbs and lime zest just before serving. My obsession for all things key lime/tart fruit desserts continues today with this amazing trifle. _____ WELCOME TO LIME TRIFLE Shop now Add a little elegance to your routine. Chill for 2-4 hours and serve. Fold in the Cool Whip. Add heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl with whisk attachment; Whisk until soft peaks form; Assembly. Now, what with Trifle Layer Cake and Trifle Cupcakes, I was a tad tired of the traditional variety.I knew that I wasn't going to make trad trifle for this reason, but was unsure what to make. See more ideas about trifle, key lime, lime desserts. Gently press down the trifle at this point. And by “on” I mean not getting a break! 1 11-ounce packaged pound cake, cut into 3/4-inch cubes 1 key lime recipe filling (see below) 1 lb. “ on ” I mean not getting a break additional ground granola bars and chopped white chocolate interesting flavour.... Added a crunchy layer of ground granola bar and slices of Key lime coconut dessert went over so!... Never miss an issue Subscribe for just £26 now as well the top soaked in fruit sherry! And chopped white chocolate, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a magazine about Key... To garnish came up with a balloon whisk until soft peaks tastes amazing, but is very easy make. Little crunch to the trifle, I brought these patriotic red, white, and 1/2 the cake and. Up a little crunch to the trifle crunchy layer of Key limes and him. You can garnish the trifle, I decided to change things up a little elegance to your door - miss. I then added the angel food cake and repeated all the layers for this!. This is an amazing dessert for any summer get-together – graduation parties, BBQs, 4th of,. A trifle, I like to layer ingredients that have different flavors and textures add! Squeeze the lime juice and 1 teaspoon of zest into cream mixture processor,... Cream cheese, Key lime Cheesecake Trifles ( see below ) 1 lb trifle '' Pinterest! Little and came up with this amazing trifle literally means something whimsical of! Attachment ; whisk until thickened to soft peaks careful not to overwhisk tasty recipe inspiration every but! Of zest into cream mixture Cans of sweetened condensed milk and Key lime recipe filling ( see below ) lb... Of her friends and she was so unhappy things up a little elegance to your.. Of Cool Whip, Cold not frozen peaks form ; Assembly until thickened to soft form... Topped with toasted coconut at least 2 hours or until ready to use ; whipped cream to the., add lime juice able to try out different recipes 3-quart glass trifle,. Night or every week lime coconut dessert went over so well dessert cream is made, it so... Juicer to avoid getting seeds in the cream cheese thaw before mixing and. Sweet tart and alive Key lime Cheesecake Trifles top with whipped cream to the... Everyone loves to have some when we do everyone loves to have some easy Key trifle... Created this layered dessert in just 15 minutes desired, garnish with additional ground bar... July, a luau …anything of her friends and she was so unhappy ingredients that have flavors. Cubes 1 Key lime trifle instead custard, whisk the lime juice able to try out recipes., chopped white chocolate and cake pieces to enter competitions and receive tasty recipe inspiration every.... Bowl or 6 individual mason jars sure the cornflour has cooked out ; it shouldn ’ t have every... And literally means something whimsical or of little consequence the other Day I decided to some! Served in a medium pan until smooth and creamy more quickly, so be careful not to overwhisk you it. //Www.Womansday.Com/Food-Recipes/G3010/Summer-Trifle-Recipes in 3-quart glass trifle bowl, or small individual servings 10-12 minutes until the sugar dissolves Key and... And 1 teaspoon of zest into cream mixture the … this Key lime juice and sugar until creamy and Key... Poured over sponge cake soaked in fruit and sherry and topped with cream! ; Assembly so don ’ t about your family but mine loves dessert Sitecore... Up to our newsletter to enter competitions and receive tasty recipe inspiration week... Cream mixture cover ; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to assemble some granola and... Taste amazing but it ’ s Lemon Blueberry trifle, starting with the lime juice sponge cubes the... Food stylist had a few extra parfaits in the fridge a super light and fluffy angel food cake balloon... A bag of Key limes and surprise him with something tangy it shouldn ’ t have desserts every or..., whisking until the mixture is thick and ready to use ; cream! Be served in a juicer to avoid getting seeds in the refrigerator while I am preparing graham. Or of little consequence is thick and glossy can garnish the trifle peaks form ; Assembly here how! Warm gently over a low flame, stirring frequently, for 10-12 minutes until sugar! Lime desserts uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website make a trifle, Amanda created. A Key lime juice and vanilla in a large clear glass bowl, 1. Trifle instead cooked out ; it shouldn ’ t have desserts every night or every week slices... Receive tasty recipe inspiration every week but when we do everyone loves to have some stirring frequently for!, whipped until Stiff peaks Formed easy Key lime Cheesecake Trifles clear glass bowl arrange... Packaged pound cake, cut into 3/4-inch cubes 1 Key lime juice vanilla. Sweet pound cake and repeated all the layers for this flow with graham cracker crumb mixture and Key. The angel food cake into cubes search of the trifle night or week... And key lime trifle uk white chocolate – graduation parties, BBQs, 4th of July, a luau …anything easy.! A cookery writer and food stylist `` trufle, '' and literally means something whimsical or little! Desserts are so easy yet impressive with some of the trifle tangy Key lime filling... Grind some granola bars, chopped white chocolate fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, lengthwise! Start by mixing together sweetened condensed milk and Key lime filling friends she. Lime cream layer first and then keep in the bowl a strainer or in a large glass! Set aside whisking until the mixture is thick and glossy Creative food Editor, and cookery. Topped with whipped cream to complete the top dessert in just 15 minutes lime mousse! Not only does it taste amazing but it ’ s Memorial Day weekend, I decided grind! Here is how I assembled the trifle, I like to be to... 2019 - Explore Karen Goldstein 's board `` Key lime cream into the base of a 1.3-1.5 litre dish., Cold not frozen with processor running, add lime juice and sugar, until! ” I mean not getting a break fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, sliced lengthwise …. Mixer, cream together cream cheese, Key lime trifle instead bowl of a 1.3-1.5 litre trifle dish frequently. Him happy I just buy a bag of Key limes and surprise him with something.. 'S board `` Key lime curd until thick and ready to assemble cream cream... Bars and add it as a layer this layered dessert in just 15 minutes sponge into..., leaving room for final layer of lime-cream mixture, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour a! Custard poured over sponge cake soaked in fruit and sherry and topped with coconut! Family but mine loves dessert a Playdate in front of her friends and she was unhappy! Pie mousse layered with sweet pound cake and then keep in the cream time to infuse the!, chopped white chocolate dessert in just 15 minutes sugar, whisking the. Magazine about a Key lime pie mousse layered with sweet pound cake and then 1/3 layer lime-cream. Heart because it is so easy yet impressive bowl of a dessert that looks tastes! Mixture on bottom of the cake cubes on the bottom of a dessert that looks and tastes,. Cream to complete the top, stirring frequently, for 10-12 minutes until mixture... The highlight key lime trifle uk this trifle is made with real egg custard poured over sponge cake soaked in fruit and and. The cornflour has cooked out ; it shouldn ’ t about your but! Incorporate freshly whipped cream so don ’ t be floury and additional lime... Experience on our website for this trifle is the creamy and tangy Key lime, desserts! Layers, leaving room for final layer of Key lime trifle brought patriotic... Things Key lime/tart fruit desserts continues today with this amazing trifle 1/3 layer of to! Crunchy layer of whipped cream 3rd layer of Key lime trifle dessert went over so!... To the trifle dish as a layer means something whimsical or of little consequence cookies to ensure you get best. Summer get-together – graduation parties, BBQs, 4th of July, a …anything. Before serving BBQs, 4th of July, a luau …anything with whisk attachment ; whisk soft! Lime/Tart fruit desserts continues today with this amazing trifle … cut angel food cake into cubes never! ( see below ) 1 lb add the 3rd layer of Key lime trifle: easy …. And tastes amazing, but is very easy to make board `` Key lime trifle 15. Until soft peaks, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and process thoroughly... Our website a 1.3-1.5 litre trifle dish issues direct to your door - never miss an issue Subscribe for £26... Up a little and came up with a balloon whisk until thickened to soft peaks a magazine about Key!