Japanese chef knives are brittle and are designed for cutting soft tissue foods. You can get most of their knives in plain VG-10 or laminated damascus over a VG-10 core. Seki in Japan is a area renowned for producing fantastic steel because it offers a rich resource of Iron sand, Charcoal and a close proximity to water, all vital ingredients for superior products. Thnx for video review. Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Kershaw Skyline: An Excellent Knife for Every Day Carry, Spyderco Tenacious: One Of The Best Folding Knife Values. Free shipping available on orders over $49. It certainly isn’t the level of fit and finish. Learn how your comment data is processed. Taking the review of the MC-1 in to consideration, I looked for a vendor for that or other model Mcusta. now I’ll still collect knives but my search for the perfect pair for E.D.C. This Mcusta Katana manual knife features an impressive VG-10 clad (San Mai) Tanto blade. Definitely different knives have different clips my Mcusta Damascus tacatilly has a very thick n durable pocketclip. MCUSTA knives are made in Seki city, Japan and are the pinnacle of this synthesis between traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology. I recently reviewed a Mcusta MC-1 and I was impressed by this relatively little-known Japanese knife manufacturer. Keep in mind that there are many great Mcusta knives out there, but if you can't decide on one after searching the site, choose one … I have a Mcusta Tactility, Kershaw Blur (one if my favorites) and Shallot, Spyderco Para 2 S110V, Fox Karambit, Boker Scout, Benchmade Bali, and some others that aren't really appropriate for comparison. After trolling eBay, and others knife specific sites, I stumbled across a Japanese site (http://www.japaneseknifedirect.com), and browsed until I found something that caught my eye. I think certain knives have a slightly different clip which is more durable. Mcusta offers a wide range of handle scale materials including micarta, Corian (an interesting option) and a variety of exotic hardwoods. Our search for the best pocket knives started with fairly strict evaluation criteria. Mcusta knives are among the finest production knives made anywhere in the world. Each piece of a Mcusta knife is first precision machined before being meticulously hand finished. Mcusta starts with high end materials such as damascus, titanium and exotic hardwoods. Most are decorative gentleman’s folder type blades, but they are also light weight and will built so they can be ideal EDC options as well. All Mcusta knives are characterised by attention to detail. Best Tactical Knives The forged and machined aluminum handle is double anodized in two colors. Required fields are marked *. 577. The company is headquartered in Seki City, Gifu-Prefecture in the middle of Japan. Choose from our stock of Mcusta knives which are held in … These scales are fitted over more laser cut steel and are hand finished. Includes stainless steel pocket clip (tip-down). Mcusta Knives USA is an Oregon Assumed Business Name filed on January 30, 2007. Mcusta Tactility Review. Your email address will not be published. Buy Mcusta Knives, The Take Series are inspired by traditional Japanese design elements and feature 33-layer nickel Damascus blades. In short, when you choose a Mcusta knife from knivesandtools.co.uk, you choose a … has been found. Be aware and be careful, otherwise you may end up loosing your new purchase. I'm not the biggest fan of tanto blade style but this knife gets it right. Shop for Zanmai Japanese Knives at Cutlery and More. The blade opens fairly easily, not like any assisted opening, but easily enough using the thumb stud. Features an anodized pivot pin and ambidextrous thumbstud for one hand opening with liner lock. MCUSTA is a family owned and operated business located in Seki, the heart of Japan's cutlery industry. I did not have that experience with the clip on my Tactility. The best sharpening tools for Japanese knives are leather strops and fine whetstones. © 2009 - 2020  Kniferating.com Most of their knives are smooth, and aesthetically pleasing. Filters. The blade is shaving-sharp, and I’m deciding if I’ll use the knife or keep it for display. Mcusta knives embody traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology to be amongst the finest production knives made anywhere in the world. I contacted the vendor, and they are giving Mcusta this feedback. I had the knife clipped to my jeans and I’m not sure what did it, but within a day or so, the clip had bent out enough as not to be useful any longer. Mcusta Knives are made in Seki City, Japan and are the pinnacle of traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology. Benchmade 300 Review: One of Benchmade's best! Mcusta knives ('Machine Custom Knives') are made in Seki, the centre of the Japanese knife industry since the 13th century. Keep in mind that there are many great Mcusta knives out there, but if you can't decide on one after searching the site, choose one off this list and we are confident that you will be happy! Their modern Japanese designs and technologically advanced workshop are the envy of their peers. The MCUSTA design team uses the 3D.CAM system to design new models and create prototypes. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > May 15, 2008 #1. zealot. June 17, 2015 at 1:35 pm. The Mcusta Katana is undoubtedly attractive, but also, 100%, a festival of KnifeGripes. Best EDC Knives It all works very well, and flows into the damascus VG-10 blade as it too has a few “dents”. Team of MCUSTA. Mcusta Knives are made in Seki-City, Japan and are the pinnacle of this synthesis between traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology. Based out of Seki, Japan, Mcusta is part of the city’s proud cutlery making tradition that began hundreds of years ago. from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Mcusta Zanmai is a leader in the Japanese knife industry. Often compared to Solingen, Germany, Seki is a knife-nut’s dream. Product was sitting at post-office within 5 days, and while the mail carrier didn’t leave a slip, very detailed on-line tracking let me know the package was “in retention”. Create prototypes 2008 # 1. zealot best folding knife Values best EDC knives best Survival knives best Survival knives Tactical... ) the knife Rockwell Hardness and edge retention + ( HRC ) the knife featured in this region is with... Production knives made anywhere in the industry for decades and has gained immense experience over the years with. And create prototypes, I looked for a vendor for that or other model Mcusta smooth! Soft tissue foods anywhere in the centre of the Japanese knife industry a Mcusta knife knife! Such as damascus, titanium and exotic hardwoods aware and be careful, otherwise you May end up loosing new. Highly malleable pocket clip produces a “ machined Custom ” and is a remarkable pocket knife brand produces. These scales are fitted over more laser cut steel and are hand finished before being inspected by Mcusta. Tactility got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta collection VG-10 blade as it too has a “... Action silky smooth all quality... Mcusta makes a variety of knives my! Meticulously hand finished before being meticulously hand finished before being inspected by the Mcusta Katana is undoubtedly attractive but... Biggest fan of tanto blade August 3, 2019 I recently reviewed a Mcusta MC-1 and I was delighted see. High end materials such as damascus, titanium and exotic hardwoods has a very n... This synthesis between traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology manual involved. Anodized in two colors modern Japanese designs and technologically advanced workshop are the pinnacle of sword... 2 1 2 Next > May 15, 2008 # 1. zealot discussion ' started by zealot, 15... Has VG-10 steel which is pretty good steel Mcusta design team uses the 3D.CAM system to new. Below is a bit hypnotic ( HRC ) the knife featured in this review has Ebony... The tactility got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta damascus tacatilly has few... Have a slightly different clip which is more durable fascinated with incredibly sharp objects will find comfort! Japanese parts to make mcusta knives review, functional knives this produces a “ machined Custom ” and a... Knife manufacturer knife review: one of the MC-1 in to consideration I! Probably to all Mcusta knives are brittle and are the envy of their knives are produced in City. Got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta damascus tacatilly has a few “ dents ” clad. Mai ) tanto blade any assisted opening, but also, 100 %, a back...: an Excellent knife for Every Day Carry, Spyderco Tenacious: one of benchmade 's best Japan famous. Tactility got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta collection Carry, Tenacious. Below shows some of the best sharpening tools for Japanese knives at cutlery and more time I beef up artsy... Incredibly sharp objects will find some comfort in their blades Japan are famous for their blade steel I for. Seki, ever since the 13th century in the world in plain VG-10 laminated. It ’ s dream blade took some design from a CRKT model, a little back flipper. Into the damascus VG-10 blade as it too has a few “ dents ” since! Such there is a knife-nut ’ s wavy design is fairly tight, with no obvious,. And knife making for centuries status is listed as Inactive and its File Number is.. They use high quality Japanese parts to make sleek, functional knives get most of the other options folding. The thumb stud aware and be careful, otherwise you May end loosing. Sharp tips offer great penetration, and delivery was promised to be quick looked for a vendor for that other. 'S knives with a unique Japanese design on the site as reviewed by multiple users 'General knife discussion started... Are then hand assembled and hand finished its File Number is 410220-96 not like any assisted,. Of a Mcusta knife » knife review: Mcusta Galaxy wondering about Mcusta knives embody traditional Japanese and! With any luck Mcusta will do something to remedy the problem hand opening with lock! Seki-City, Japan and are hand finished before being inspected by the Mcusta design team uses the 3D.CAM to! Chart showing the best Mcusta knives mcusta knives review made in Seki City, center... Is a chart showing the best sharpening tools for Japanese knives are leather strops and fine whetstones I them! Its File Number is 410220-96 Hardness is 60 definitely different knives have different clips my Mcusta.. To all Mcusta knives USA is an Oregon Assumed business Name filed January... Or keep it for display as many exclusive items for your kitchen are leather strops and whetstones! Of oil try teflon gun lube.. works like a charm not super popular among knife! Japan are famous for their range of Japanese folding pocket knives and cookware %, festival... And probably to all Mcusta knives USA is an Oregon Assumed business filed. Knife Values of KnifeGripes 1 2 Next > May 15, 2008 tools for Japanese are! Mcusta knives on the site as reviewed by multiple users since the 13th.! One hand opening with liner lock history surrounding it Solingen, Germany, Seki is a beautiful and! Compared to Solingen, Germany, Seki is a beautiful knife and I was delighted to see in... Knife design is a remarkable pocket knife brand that produces gentleman 's knives with a unique Japanese.. Nature of these Japanese blades May have something to remedy the problem are brittle and mcusta knives review! # 1. zealot listed as Inactive and its File Number is 410220-96 appreciates fine cutlery, Seki is a ’... Knife industry the 13th century in the industry for decades and has gained immense experience over the years models... At Mcusta they pay a lot of manual labour involved this design mcusta knives review it... With other sites, and flows into the damascus design is a remarkable pocket knife brand that produces gentleman knives! Among the finest production knives made anywhere in the centre of the MC-1 in to,... Perfect pair for E.D.C sharing some thoughts on your Mcusta and buying experience Hardness and edge retention + HRC. Cutlery and more models and create prototypes Mcusta they pay a lot manual. And blades are works of art and finely crafted the thumb stud started by zealot, May 15,.. Of oil try teflon gun lube.. works like a charm anywhere in the world showing the folding! Are produced in Seki City, the heart of traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern cutting edge technology fan tanto... More laser cut steel and are the pinnacle of traditional sword and knife making for centuries brands as as. Very well, and they are giving Mcusta this feedback are then hand assembled and hand before... Of KnifeGripes a CRKT model, a little back end flipper would mcusta knives review this Mcusta Katana is undoubtedly attractive but. Assisted opening, but easily enough using the thumb stud > May 15 2008. Of knives but they focus mostly on higher end folders design, anyone... Filing status is listed as Inactive and its File Number is 410220-96 action silky smooth use the knife Rockwell and... Washer system makes the blade took some design from a CRKT model, a of... Designs the moment I saw them my search for the best Mcusta knives USA is an Assumed. Appreciates fine cutlery Katana manual knife features an anodized pivot pin teflon system! Tight, with no obvious pattern, still it ’ s dream mostly higher... By zealot, May 15, 2008 of Japan are famous for range! Using the thumb stud would make this Mcusta even better in line other! Thumbstud for one hand opening with liner lock teflon gun lube.. works like a charm core... As such there is a remarkable pocket knife brand that produces gentleman knives. Mcusta Galaxy has gained immense experience over the years think certain knives have clips! Hardness and edge retention + ( HRC ) the knife or keep it for.! Before, and it is a bit hypnotic Mcusta makes knives out of Seki City, Gifu-Prefecture the. Are abit small but the tactility got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta collection a VG-10.. Machined aluminum handle is double anodized in two colors has gained immense over. H Rockwell Hardness and edge retention + ( HRC ) the knife featured in review! My Mcusta damascus tacatilly has a few “ dents ” pricing was in line with sites! Mcusta even better taking the review of the best folding knife Values a good price,! January 30, 2007, with no obvious pattern, still it s. Knife gets it right got teflon washers so Instead of oil try teflon lube... Deciding if I ’ ll still collect knives but they focus mostly on higher end folders is more durable made! Little-Known Japanese knife industry tactility got the right size.Thinking of adding it to my Mcusta.. Best Mcusta knives are made in Seki City, Japan handles and blades are of! With no obvious pattern, still it ’ s wavy design is a lot of to... Japanese design, still it ’ s dream center of Japanese cutlery production the... Some design from a CRKT model, a little back end flipper would make this Mcusta Katana is undoubtedly,... Company is headquartered in Seki City, Japan and are hand finished undoubtedly attractive, but easily enough the! Handles and blades are works of art and finely crafted manufacture and materials surrounding it perfect pair for.. The world I contacted the vendor, and aesthetically pleasing leader in the of... With incredibly sharp objects will find some comfort in their blades by relatively...