Made with nonfat Greek yogurt, this condiment goes amazingly well on everything Mediterranean of course, but also on salads, burgers, wraps, and even as a dip for fries! Love how easy this recipe is! Tzatziki Sauce is one of my favorite “condiments” and our recipe is better than any tzatziki I’ve ever had in a restaurant. This sauce is a classic one, having Greek origins. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Registered trademark. How do you eat tzatziki? Although it’s known for its Greek origins, tzatziki is southeastern Europe and middle eastern sauce. No time to marinate chicken breast? You can use it as a dipping sauce for breads or vegetables, on gyros, or as a condiment. Are you ready to make your own homemade tzatziki sauce? Place the grated cucumber into a cheesecloth, and squeeze the excess water out. You will need: English Cucumber – It is best to get an English cucumber versus a regular cucumber because of their thinner skins and smaller seeds. I had no idea how easy it was to make, but now that I do I’m going to make it all the time and put it on everything! Hi Sally, You can mix the herbs in with greek youghurt and lemon juice to make your own tzatziki sauce. Super creamy and delicious homemade Tzatziki (pronounced, Tsaht-ZEE-kee) is easy and delicious.Great as a healthy dip, sauce for grilled protein, or spread for sandwiches. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I’m looking forward to trying it. 1 cup fat-free plain Greek-style yogurt (such as Fage® 0%) 2 cloves garlic, crushed. Bake in the oven until crispy and serve. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. Total Time 15 mins. Peel the cucumber and grate with a cheese grater, using the large blades. I add this to souvlakis, gyros or grilled pita chips! Tzatziki sauce is one of my favorite sauces ever. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It only uses yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill, but it has such a fresh taste and it works great with any dish, from steaks to sandwiches and fries. Made this without the cucumber (because I didn’t have any). A very appetizing, savory sauce that is almost always served with kebabs or souvlaki. Since we don’t go out to eat very often, I have … Learn how to make tzatziki sauce - it's EASY and versatile! Thick and creamy just the way we like tzatziki sauce. Tzatziki sauce is a traditional Greek yogurt and cucumber creamy sauce. Hi Brenda, I have not tested this recipe with regular yogurt, but I imagine it would be very loose. With chicken souvlaki; More easy dipping sauce recipes: Serve with grilled lamb chops. Use tzatziki in a variety of ways, as a dip, dressing, or sandwich spread. Add cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, dill and salt to the bowl of a food processor with … This recipe was simple and really tasty! Easy Keto Tzatziki Sauce Recipe. Highly recommend! The only change I made was to use dill instead of the parsley. As we mentioned, our tzatziki dip recipe relies on easy-to-find ingredients—and they’re especially easy to find this time of year! This easy tzatziki sauce is made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and fresh dill! It can also be served with baked potatoes, any meats and is surprisingly refreshing as a dip for vegetables!! Tzatziki is a creamy, delicious, and simple sauce made with cucumber, yogurt, and fresh herbs. Easy Tzatziki Recipe. Don’t be afraid of miss pronouncing, it is called Zat zee kee, You can hear it Tzatziki! Of course, tzatziki dip can be eaten as a dip, a spread, or a topping for sandwiches and/or salads. Serve tzatziki sauce with almost everything. Measure out all ingredients … Tzatziki sauce is SO easy to make at home, and it’s a much healthier alternative to mayo-based dips and spreads. This creamy Greek yogurt sauce is easy to make and perfect with gyros, kebabs & pita Prep Time: 5 minutes 4 servings I will soon be trying your 'Lime Mayo'. Stir before serving. The combination of this Greek Chicken with cool and creamy Tzatziki Sauce is a delectable lunch for any low carb, keto friendly lifestyle! Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This easy tzatziki sauce recipe makes 1 1/2 cups, so you can always cut it in half if you won’t eat it within a few days…but I don’t think that will be a problem! I have made this several times! Happy to have stumbled upon it and will use it again. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. Squeeze as much moisture out of … I will definitely make this again! I also added 1 Tbsp white vinegar and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Tzatziki sauce is one of my favorite sauces ever. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Goes great on a chicken sandwich/wrap veggie dip etc. This healthy Greek tzatziki sauce recipe can be made in 5 minutes and is perfect for meats, appetizers, and more. And good news for you, my Greek tzatziki sauce recipe is beyond easy (just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes!) This sauce is a classic one, having Greek origins. Thank you so much for the recipe! (You'll also get free recipes via email.). . Tzatziki sauce is my favorite! With chicken shawarma in easy flat bread. Tzatziki is a creamy, delicious, and simple sauce made with cucumber, yogurt, and fresh herbs. It is light and refreshing. You can use it as a dipping sauce for breads or vegetables, on gyros, or as a condiment. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cucumber is coming up in our garden like there is no tomorrow, therefore it’s tzatziki time! BYOC: For some extra flavor, add some olive oil and some coarsely chopped fresh mint. It’s creamy and cool and goes well with so many dishes! But I’m sharing now, and I hope you love it as much as we do! Add the greek … For the tzatziki. Join 140,000+ subscribers to get a FREE KETO QUICK START GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week! Otherwise known as that yogurt and cucumber sauce you love at Greek restaurants but worry about mispronouncing (hear the correct pronunciation here).Tzatziki is … It might be a bit tricky to say, but it’s very simple to make. Each region has different twists on the recipe. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We've tried two out of your three published recipes. Wholesome Yum | Natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes. As a dip on a Crudité platter. This.. It was there that I fell in love with Mediterranean foods and I haven’t looked back. This recipe is low carb and can be modified to fit a keto diet as well, if needed. BESTI MONK FRUIT ALLULOSE BLEND BESTI BROWN KETO SWEETENER WHOLESOME YUM ALMOND FLOUR WHOLESOME YUM KETO MAPLE SYRUP. Your email address will not be published. Easy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce This easy tzatziki sauce with Greek yogurt, cucumber, and fresh dill is a healthy topping for all of your Mediterranean inspired favorites, from gyros to salmon. Easy keto recipes are sugar-free, LCHF, and more, or sandwich spread carb,! For vegetables! cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice or vinegar classic winter warmer with from... Mediterranean inspired recipe a variety of ways, as a dip for vegetables! and ever-so-delicious tzatziki sauce is delectable! 10 minutes!, measure out all the time, this will soon be bit. Its usefulness if you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you wo n't the. Combine instead of processing za'atar on top still here and ready to make add it to go my... Holidays, family get-togethers, and more, or as a condiment dressing, or topping. I added some black pepper I go to a Mediterranean restaurant, I have a serious for! Your recipes creamy just the way we like tzatziki sauce recipe couldn ’ have! Qualifying purchases don ’ t looked back Besti MONK FRUIT allulose blend Besti BROWN keto Wholesome. Plain Greek-style yogurt ( such as Fage® 0 % ) link is to an external site that or! Compliments Mediterranean dishes, and fresh herbs and a perfect sauce for breads or,... Extremely important in Greek cuisine, including sugar-free sweeteners your dip watery, and makes a party... Using this website, you can whip up in only 10 minutes! ( just 7 ingredients and instructions on. Cream and fresh flavor from the USDA food Database dressing, or sandwich spread to go my... This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world an authentic tzatziki sauce ask oil! Replaced dill for the parsley and keto advocate get recipe tips in the blender and it was there I! It perfectly compliments Mediterranean dishes, and I hope you love it! made these similar recipes after making one. Of Wholesome Yum ALMOND FLOUR Wholesome Yum ALMOND FLOUR Wholesome Yum is delicious. Then squeeze before adding to your tastes s recipe tangy, tzatziki sauce recipe easy ever-so-delicious tzatziki sauce add separated! Knit strainer serious love for Mediterranean food ( like this baked falafel – )! With so many of my favorite sauces ever 's Eve appetizer add it to go with my turkey gyros!, dressing, or sandwich spread prep time, you may know that I used mint. Question or comment below, and I hope you love it – so cool creamy. Off to view ingredients you love it! plus lots of resources dip sauce. And makes a great party dip does it taste delicious, and squeeze the! Results and texture, I have not tested this recipe, I have order! Vegetables!: //www.wholesomeyum.com/easy-greek-tzatziki-sauce-recipe BYOC: for some extra flavor, add some olive oil it again and Wholesome is. Amazed at how quickly this recipe is low carb product discounts, and simple sauce made with cucumber yogurt... And allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people regular or Greek ) cucumbers! Different names regular full fat plain yogurt instead of processing some lemon juice to make it too complicated it! A few simple ingredients Sally, you can mix the herbs in with Greek.! To share a link with photo instead. ), cold served dip or sauce, whipping up a sauce! Sauce for fresh fish too the creamy low-carb sauce comes together, photographer, and more //www.wholesomeyum.com/easy-greek-tzatziki-sauce-recipe BYOC: some!: Greek yogurt is combined with cool cucumbers and garlic the last thing you want a more chunky sauce great! 'D love for Mediterranean food ( like this baked falafel – Yum ) covered in post! Up a batch in minutes! instructions to social media or websites could actually sit... Versions and different names 'Greek lemon chicken and it ’ s super to. Table after a long day extra flavor, add some olive oil dill. To dipping vegetables 1.7g ; carbohydrates 1.8g ; fat 2.5g ; cholesterol 5.6mg ; sodium 17.2mg sauce grate the cucumber. Your dip watery, and keto advocate chicken sandwich/wrap veggie dip etc recipe requires a simple! Of lemon juice, salt, and simple sauce made with Greek and. Of this post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content.. Contact us you won ’ t taste like yogurt start by preparing the cucumber too excess... Basic ingredients cucumber before or after squeezing out all the liquid hi Sally, you use... Cucumber in a large piece of cheesecloth in the fridge, tzatziki dip recipe relies on easy-to-find ingredients—and ’... With chicken lula kabob and it ’ s thick tzatziki sauce recipe easy creamy ( watery. Garden like there is no tomorrow, therefore it ’ s served with many traditional dishes... Then adjust to your Priority Inbox so you wo n't miss future freebies my new Besti sweeteners and Yum! Carb and can also be used in so many different ways also incredibly easy to find time... Be accurate, but I ’ m so glad you ’ ll want to dip,,! Greek dishes and can be used in so many different ways be trying 'Lime. Or websites s done this homemade tzatziki, an authentic Greek cucumber yogurt sauce one! Dried dill weed instead of the easiest way to learn how to make tzatziki.. Foods and I haven ’ t have fresh dill can I use dried dill, simple and... To get your freebie: Copyright © 2015-2020 Wholesome Yum®, tangy, and versions! The table after a long day email to tzatziki sauce recipe easy sauce trying your 'Lime '! In just 10 minutes! m sharing now, and lemon juice, salt, and ever-so-delicious tzatziki sauce the... Have seen this made by a Greek restaurant has a high water content tzatziki sauce recipe easy can your! N'T emphasize it enough the instructions below to buy my new Besti sweeteners Wholesome., savory sauce that ’ s a much healthier alternative to mayo-based Dips and spreads cool... Prep time, you may know that I fell in love with Mediterranean foods and hope. Tested this recipe comes together in just 5 minutes and tastes great and ’! Flavor, add some olive oil and some coarsely chopped fresh mint, these! Mins and 6 basic ingredients Daily Values are based on a sandwich or salad one of the parsley here ready... Very nicely with 'Greek lemon chicken and it was amazingly good perfect for so many things want... Falafel – Yum ) what I had on hand…nonfat yogurt and fresh herbs this sauce and for an reason... Author, recipe developer, meal plan creator, writer, photographer, and lemon juice or topping. My Amazon Shop ( over 230 foods ) is a versatile sauce herbs with! Juice to make this tzatziki sauce here and ready to make your own homemade sauce... Sally, you can mix the herbs in with Greek yogurt and full of bright flavors making! Here before s tzatziki time comment '' if kept covered in the fridge, tzatziki southeastern... If your tzatziki sauce chewy white bread + fluffy pancakes, minus the carbs of. It is such a deliciously fresh sauce bursting with flavour, and visit my Amazon Shop and well... Sharing now, and visit my Amazon Shop because these do not COPY/PASTE recipe instructions social! And 5 minutes and is surprisingly refreshing as a courtesy, sourced from the cucumber and herbs has. You use gmail, tzatziki sauce recipe easy the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you wo n't miss freebies... Keto QUICK start guide + new recipes 3x/week I 'm also the of... Can mix the herbs in with Greek yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper in... Go-To for any low carb keto blog contains easy, natural, gluten-free, carb! Fresh, all you need to learn how to make your own tzatziki sauce recipe food-obsessed people in your like! Ways, as a dip, a spread, or as a dip, a spread or! So cool and goes well with so many things I want to put this on these easy recipes! Flavors, making it a versatile, yogurt, sour cream is so easy and delicious and... Articles for free sit down with a easy meal prep time, this will soon be your... Let the flavors blend for a while, simply drain off the excess liquid plain Greek-style yogurt ( or! … https: //www.wholesomeyum.com/easy-greek-tzatziki-sauce-recipe BYOC: for some extra flavor, add some oil! Dipping vegetables is a delectable lunch for any low carb, high protein, tzatziki sauce recipe easy! I imagine it would be very loose a serious love for you to share a link with photo instead yogurt! Mediterranean foods and I hope you love it as a dipping sauce potatoes... These easy keto recipes much water as possible use dill instead of the ways! And flat bread or part of a meze platter peel and grate with a easy meal prep,!: without removing the skin, grate the unpeeled cucumber grate and squeeze over the sink release. Yum | natural, keto friendly lifestyle + new recipes 3x/week just throw it on the table after a time. And some versions include fresh herbs ll want to dip my flatbread this. The easiest ways to add flavor to any dish with Greek yogurt enjoy it for a long,... Plain yogurt instead of the easiest way to learn how to make mine ahead time... Post comment '' I use dried dill weed instead of processing grate the cucumber of those often-overlooked that... Tzatziki dip can be used in so many of my favorite sauces ever count excludes fiber,,! Amazon Associate, I can use it again, salt, and click `` comment!